walkhighlands

Share your personal walking route experiences in Scotland, and comment on other peoples' reports.
Warning Please note that hillwalking when there is snow lying requires an ice-axe, crampons and the knowledge, experience and skill to use them correctly. Summer routes may not be viable or appropriate in winter. See winter information on our skills and safety pages for more information.

White Mounth Munros, Lochnagar & Midges From Hell.

White Mounth Munros, Lochnagar & Midges From Hell.

Postby Renegade Scot » Fri Sep 02, 2016 2:03 pm

Munros included on this walk: Broad Cairn, Cairn Bannoch, Càrn a' Choire Bhòidheach, Càrn an t-Sagairt Mòr, Lochnagar

Date walked: 26/08/2016

Time taken: 24 hours

Register or Login
free to be able to rate and comment on reports (as well as access 1:25000 mapping).

Another multi Munro trip to an area I had not visited yet. This proved to be a fantastic walk that I really enjoyed and finished off with a wild camp down at the side of the Glas Alt Shiel bothy.

The weather was mostly fine with only one heavy shower and the rest of the day just brooding dark clouds coming and going.

Full trip film below with some fantastic scenery and the absolute Midge horror story that ensued that evening.

Decided to walk round the loch and head on up to Broad Cairn first and do Lochnagar last.

The scenery on the route just got better and better and the walking was fairly easy going. Stopped to look down to where I would eventually camp for the night down on the lawn outside the Glas-alt-Shiel bothy.

Shot from the top of Broad Cairn the first Munro of the trip.

Heading down from Carn an T-Sagairt Mor I started to come across the wreckage of the RAF Canberra bomber that had crashed in 1956.

Last views from around Lochnagar before heading down to camp for the night. Other than the midges it was a fantastic trip and look forward to possibly doing it again in the winter.

Renegade Scot
Munro compleatist

Register or Login
free to be able to rate and comment on reports (as well as access 1:25000 mapping).

Can you help support Walkhighlands?

Our forum is free from adverts - your generosity keeps it running.
Can you help support Walkhighlands and this community by donating by direct debit?

Return to Walk reports - Scotland