walkhighlands

Share your personal walking route experiences in Scotland, and comment on other peoples' reports.
Warning Please note that hillwalking when there is snow lying requires an ice-axe, crampons and the knowledge, experience and skill to use them correctly. Summer routes may not be viable or appropriate in winter. See winter information on our skills and safety pages for more information.

Happy 50th on Schiehallion

Happy 50th on Schiehallion

Postby Coop » Wed Sep 28, 2016 6:37 pm

Route description: Schiehallion

Munros included on this walk: Schiehallion

Date walked: 25/09/2016

Time taken: 4 hours

Distance: 10 km

Ascent: 731m

1 person thinks this report is great.
Register or Login
free to be able to rate and comment on reports (as well as access 1:25000 mapping).

It was a late night (work) so a late start. Actually glad today because if I'd reached the summit earlier than I did I would have had no views.
Car was parked at Braes of Foss. £2 for a ticket and off I went at 0930.
Seemed as though I was here before the crowds.
One group of 6 and a couple set off just before me; passed them and then I saw one other couple before the summit. Ex Navy lad who served in the Falklands in 82 -all the best to yourself and good lady wherever you walk.

Bit of mist on the summit but that cleared soon enough to give great views all round. Lawers and glen lyon, Rannoch and tummel lochs gave good views.
There were only 4 of us here on the summit by now and one said there was a good stream heading up. That was my q to head back down.

By the amount I passed on the way down, I thought, jeezo that'd summits gonna be crowdy.

Walked a bit of the way down chatting to a German lad who was on his way north for a few climbs/ walks this week. All the best.

Coffee and a roll then the drive back towards killin and Crianlarich.
Good day and glad I saved this one till no.50

Cap doffed to Schiehallion
Cheers

Wildllife watch - a field of pheasant near aberfeldy en route (missed the turning at fearnan going up and went too far!!!)
And 2 grouse near the summit
Coop
Munro compleatist

Munros:78   Corbetts:123
Fionas:68   Donalds:55+17
Sub 2000:14   Hewitts:43
Wainwrights:69   Islands:14
Walk wish-list

Re: Happy 50th on Schiehallion

Postby rockhopper » Thu Sep 29, 2016 11:39 pm

well done on your #50 - cheers :)
rockhopper

Munros:282   Corbetts:222
Fionas:136   Donalds:89+20
Sub 2000:16   Hewitts:2
Wainwrights:3   Islands:20

1 person thinks this report is great.
Register or Login
free to be able to rate and comment on reports (as well as access 1:25000 mapping).

Can you help support Walkhighlands?

Our forum is free from adverts - your generosity keeps it running.
Can you help support Walkhighlands and this community by donating by direct debit?

Return to Walk reports - Scotland