walkhighlands

Share your personal walking route experiences in Scotland, and comment on other peoples' reports.
Warning Please note that hillwalking when there is snow lying requires an ice-axe, crampons and the knowledge, experience and skill to use them correctly. Summer routes may not be viable or appropriate in winter. See winter information on our skills and safety pages for more information.

Am Foghar ... Three Corbetts in reverse

Am Foghar ... Three Corbetts in reverse

Postby Collaciotach » Sun Oct 02, 2016 9:52 pm

Corbetts included on this walk: Beinn Chaorach, Beinn Odhar, Cam Chreag (Auch)

Date walked: 02/10/2016

Time taken: 6.5 hours

Distance: 21 km

Ascent: 1367m

Register or Login
free to be able to rate and comment on reports (as well as access 1:25000 mapping).

Hello a h- uile daoine ....

It has been a wee while since i posted although we have been out and about time has been short for reports due to home projects amongst other things.

We have been pursuing the Corbetts ,Grahams and repeat Munros more the ones i saw hee haw from first time round.

Sin agad e .....

Today i headed down Tigh na Droma with the Auch Corbetts in mind and initially thought of the five however decided to stick with the three ....no rush to complete these :wink: .

This was the country of Mad Colin Campbell the Chief of Glenorchy who had a pathological hatred for the seed of Alpin and in 1554 " behiddet the laird of M’Gregor himself at Kandmoor in presence of the Erle of Athol, the Justice-Clerk, and sindrie other noblemen"....... no sign of him today mind as i headed up Gleann Corr a ' linnhe

I had thought about the route and in the end walked these hills in reverse so parked the car at the big stone pillar , crossed the railway line and joined the WHW and walked to Auch.

'S e latha breagha a bha ann

IMG_8615.JPG
àm-tòiseachaidh

We then took the route toward Lon a chiul ...well named "the marshy back meadow " and followed a fence up the steep slopes toward the mullach of Cam Chreag

IMG_8620.JPG
Beinn a' Chaisteal

An easy but steep ascent which soon found us at the carn with such a good day we then walked the druim to the wee cnuic opposite Beinn Chalium , good seallaidh back to the Cam Chreag

IMG_8616.JPG
Cam Chreag

No issue with walking here good turf and for an cu who gets hellish excited when he sees sheep the long rope was on to prevent him flushing and hounding the four footed clansman :D

IMG_8619.JPG

The views were pretty damn good and the first flush of Autumn with stags roaring in the coirean adding to the sounds

The tramp over to Beinn Caoraich was nice but uneventful a round grassy event and after visiting the trig we dropped down to take some lunch above the Gleann Cumhang and thinking ...a long way down !

IMG_8621.JPG

Agus bha mi ceart ... tis indeed all the way down to 444m although to be honest looked worst than it was in the end. We dropped down following the old electric fence then back up a grassy rake to reach the shoulder of Beinn Odhar ...

IMG_8623.JPG

From there remarkably quick to the mullach and i would venture the best outlook of the three Corbetts today

IMG_8624.JPG

IMG_8625.JPG

IMG_8626.JPG

IMG_8625.JPG

Agus sin thu ...there you are ,a grand day and the choice to do these in reverse was a good one as after a lonish day nice to drop down almost on top of the car way down in the Slochd :D

IMG_8629.JPG

A tough wee route this with only the three ,wet in places and definetly one for a dry , fine day ..... i will be back for theo ther two in Winter ...

chan eil i fad air falbh ....she is no far away !

IMG_8622.JPG

Cheerie an drasda
Collaciotach
Mountain Walker

Munros:282   Corbetts:219
Fionas:47   Donalds:10
Sub 2000:25   
Islands:28

Re: Am Foghar ... Three Corbetts in reverse

Postby Huff_n_Puff » Mon Oct 03, 2016 2:37 pm

Stunning photos.
Huff_n_Puff
Walker

Munros:278   Corbetts:20
Fionas:10   Donalds:1
Sub 2000:19   Hewitts:5
Wainwrights:1   Islands:19

Postby dooterbang » Tue Oct 04, 2016 6:42 pm

Good to see you back out Colla - looked a good walk:)
dooterbang
Munro compleatist

Munros:262   Corbetts:58
Fionas:18   Donalds:10
Sub 2000:10   Hewitts:18
Wainwrights:21   Islands:19

Postby rockhopper » Thu Oct 06, 2016 8:42 pm

Cracking day for it - great set of hills here but can make for a tough day of ups and downs - cheers :)
rockhopper

Munros:282   Corbetts:222
Fionas:136   Donalds:89+20
Sub 2000:16   Hewitts:2
Wainwrights:3   Islands:20

Register or Login
free to be able to rate and comment on reports (as well as access 1:25000 mapping).

Can you help support Walkhighlands?

Our forum is free from adverts - your generosity keeps it running.
Can you help support Walkhighlands and this community by donating by direct debit?

Return to Walk reports - Scotland