walkhighlands

Share your personal walking route experiences in Scotland, and comment on other peoples' reports.
Warning Please note that hillwalking when there is snow lying requires an ice-axe, crampons and the knowledge, experience and skill to use them correctly. Summer routes may not be viable or appropriate in winter. See winter information on our skills and safety pages for more information.

Bynack More in Early Autumn

Bynack More in Early Autumn

Postby Jokester » Fri Dec 30, 2016 5:48 pm

Route description: Bynack More from Glenmore

Munros included on this walk: Bynack More

Date walked: 17/09/2016

Time taken: 6.75 hours

Distance: 26.28 km

Ascent: 907m

Register or Login
free to be able to rate and comment on reports (as well as access 1:25000 mapping).

I parked at the end of the road just past Glenmore Lodge where's space for maybe 3-4 cars opposite some garages. From there it's an easy path through the forest past the beautiful An Lochan Uaine.

ImageIMG_0053 by matthew_chalmers, on Flickr
Obligatory An Lochan Uaine shot

A well constructed path leads on all the way to the summit.

ImageIMG_0056 by matthew_chalmers, on Flickr

ImageIMG_0059 by matthew_chalmers, on Flickr

It didn't take long to reach the summit, maybe a little over 2 hours (can't remember now, been a while since I did the walk :D ) so rather than return the same route I decided to take the path down Strath Nethy. This would also allow me to have a look at the Barns and get a better view into the Cairngorms.

ImageIMG_0062 by matthew_chalmers, on Flickr
Little Barns of Bynack

ImageIMG_0063 by matthew_chalmers, on Flickr
Barns of Bynack

ImageIMG_0066 by matthew_chalmers, on Flickr
Beinn Mheadhoin, Ben Macdui and Cairngorm

Once down onto the saddle, there's a path that heads North back to Glenmore, should be a nice gentle walk back to the car, or so I thought.

ImageIMG_0071 by matthew_chalmers, on Flickr

At this point it becomes apparent that the path is rarely trodden and hard to keep track of through the heather and bog. Turned out to be hard going!
Attachments

Track 018.gpx Open full screen  NB: Walkhighlands is not responsible for the accuracy of gpx files in users posts

Jokester
Mountain Walker

Munros:77   

Register or Login
free to be able to rate and comment on reports (as well as access 1:25000 mapping).

Can you help support Walkhighlands?

Our forum is free from adverts - your generosity keeps it running.
Can you help support Walkhighlands and this community by donating by direct debit?

Return to Walk reports - Scotland