walkhighlands

Share your personal walking route experiences in Scotland, and comment on other peoples' reports.
Warning Please note that hillwalking when there is snow lying requires an ice-axe, crampons and the knowledge, experience and skill to use them correctly. Summer routes may not be viable or appropriate in winter. See winter information on our skills and safety pages for more information.

Walk up to the bothy at Loch a Bhraoin

Walk up to the bothy at Loch a Bhraoin

Postby Strathdrynie » Tue Jan 17, 2017 7:15 pm

Route description: Creag Rainich, via Loch a'Bhraoin

Corbetts included on this walk: Creag Rainich

Date walked: 17/01/2017

Time taken: 2.5 hours

Distance: 13.5 km

Ascent: 100m

Register or Login
free to be able to rate and comment on reports (as well as access 1:25000 mapping).

Low level walk up to the Bothy at the head Loch a Bhraoin, good level path all the way and given that it's the middle of January the weather was kind - well it threatened rain all morning but it was 9 degrees and the waterproofs stayed in my rucksack! Many burns running off the hill into the loch but could be easily crossed. Only saw 2 crows, was expecting to see deer but they must have been further up the hills due to the weather. Grey day and as the cloud level was low I decided to leave Creag Raininch for another day as there would be no view today.

Great wee bothy, clean and tidy, plenty sleeping area, lively stove, kitchen sink and toilet, although drained for the winter, I'm looking forward to returning and staying a night.

Returned along the same path then travelled to Tarvie for lentil soup, delicious!
Attachments
IMG_4738.JPG
IMG_4736.JPG
IMG_4737.JPG
IMG_4734.JPG
IMG_4735.JPG
Strathdrynie
Mountaineer

Munros:36   Corbetts:8
Fionas:4   
Sub 2000:3   

Re: Walk up to the bothy at Loch a Bhraoin

Postby JEfoundmybootsagain » Wed Jan 25, 2017 12:44 am

OMG what a bonnie craitur is Jess. Nae too dissimilar to my Chaz. How old? Have been looking at walking around Loch a Bhraoin area for later this year. Bothy looks a good overnight option for early hill start as well.

Keep the walk reports going always great to see places/ideas for walking wi the bairns. :D
JEfoundmybootsagain
Munro compleatist

Munros:59   Corbetts:8
Fionas:8   Donalds:1
Sub 2000:12   

Register or Login
free to be able to rate and comment on reports (as well as access 1:25000 mapping).

Can you help support Walkhighlands?

Our forum is free from adverts - your generosity keeps it running.
Can you help support Walkhighlands and this community by donating by direct debit?

Return to Walk reports - Scotland