walkhighlands

This forum is for general discussion about walking and scrambling... If writing a report or sharing your experiences from a route, please use the other boards.

Munro compleatist??

Munro compleatist??

Postby willsdad » Wed Feb 22, 2017 1:35 pm

Just wondering......

I've always assumed that the title Munro Compleatist meant the person had 'bagged' all the Munro's. Although, I see some people with this title then with a number of Munro's against their name. Does this mean they have done them all then gone back for more? :shock: If that's true..... :clap:
Or am I completely wrong and it's someone aiming to bag all the Munro's?

I aim to do some......some day......when my wife finally agrees to move to the Highlands....by which point I'll be too old and need a helicopter!
willsdad
Backpacker

Munros:13   Corbetts:1
Fionas:3   
Sub 2000:1   Hewitts:6

Re: Munro compleatist??

Postby willsdad » Wed Feb 22, 2017 4:04 pm

RTC wrote:If you click on such a person's name their profile will come up. It will tell you the number of Munro rounds they have completed. EG. A Munro Completist [Sorry! I can't bring myself to spell it with an "a"] who has 84 Munros listed will have completed one or more rounds. The 84 Munros will be for his /her current round.

Thanks RTC!
So the Munro Completist has done the 282 Munro's. If they have done 2 rounds, they have done them all twice.
:shock:
I think I should have started about 20 years ago.....
willsdad
Backpacker

Postby prog99 » Wed Feb 22, 2017 4:21 pm

A quick look suggests it's related to the amount of drivel posted than completed rounds.
prog99
Munro compleatist

Fionas:130   

Postby teaandpies » Wed Feb 22, 2017 4:26 pm

willsdad wrote:
RTC wrote:If you click on such a person's name their profile will come up. It will tell you the number of Munro rounds they have completed. EG. A Munro Completist [Sorry! I can't bring myself to spell it with an "a"] who has 84 Munros listed will have completed one or more rounds. The 84 Munros will be for his /her current round.

Thanks RTC!
So the Munro Completist has done the 282 Munro's. If they have done 2 rounds, they have done them all twice.

282 or more depending on when they completed :lol: :lol:
teaandpies
Mountain Walker

Munros:116   Corbetts:22
Fionas:9   Donalds:2
Sub 2000:9   Hewitts:6

Postby Nigels3011 » Wed Feb 22, 2017 4:36 pm

teaandpies wrote:
willsdad wrote:

Thanks RTC!

282 or more depending on when they completed :lol: :lol:

Yep, I have completed. I've done 285 Munros. :-)
Nigels3011
Walker

Munros:282   Corbetts:9
Fionas:6   
Hewitts:45
Wainwrights:37   Islands:3

Postby basscadet » Wed Feb 22, 2017 4:37 pm

Yes, guilty of compleation, waffling drivel, and doing 70 odd repeats..

As it happens I climbed 282 munro's (one was already bagged and one got demoted during my round) and 58 repeats in less than 5 years, so if you had started 20 years ago you would be on your 5th round by now :lol:
basscadet
Munro compleatist

Munros:84   Corbetts:52
Fionas:18   Donalds:8
Sub 2000:34   Hewitts:13
Wainwrights:17   Islands:21

Postby willsdad » Wed Feb 22, 2017 7:23 pm

basscadet wrote:Yes, guilty of compleation, waffling drivel, and doing 70 odd repeats..

As it happens I climbed 282 munro's (one was already bagged and one got demoted during my round) and 58 repeats in less than 5 years, so if you had started 20 years ago you would be on your 5th round by now :lol:

I'm already guilty of waffling drivel so I'm officially half way to Completist!
And I'm going out on Saturday especially to do a Hewitt so I can hold my head high and say I've done more than Basscadet :lol:
willsdad
Backpacker

Postby LeithySuburbs » Wed Feb 22, 2017 8:41 pm

willsdad wrote:And I'm going out on Saturday especially to do a Hewitt so I can hold my head high and say I've done more than Basscadet :lol:

You'll see that she is far too smart to actually use the "Munro compleatist" description to avoid the inevitable merciless humiliation by myself :twisted: :wink: .

Having said this, I may adopt the term myself on this forum because I know how much I deserve it.
LeithySuburbs
Ambler

Munros:259   Corbetts:56
Fionas:29   Donalds:33
Sub 2000:41   Hewitts:14
Wainwrights:23   Islands:13

Postby scoob999 » Wed Feb 22, 2017 9:05 pm

This is my fault :shock:
I wanted to clear my list but not look like I'd only done a few Munros :roll: I know :lol: so with a quick conversation with Paul Webster we agreed that the easiest way to do this was list Munro Compleatist under activity (easy really)
So in theory anyone can have their activity as Munro Compleatist but I think most that list that will have Compleated all the Munros 8)

I hope that explains it for you.
scoob999
Munro compleatist

Munros:143   Corbetts:222
Fionas:151   Donalds:89+52
Sub 2000:145   Hewitts:27
Wainwrights:7   Islands:22

Postby willsdad » Thu Feb 23, 2017 9:25 am

scoob999 wrote:This is my fault :shock:
I wanted to clear my list but not look like I'd only done a few Munros :roll: I know :lol: so with a quick conversation with Paul Webster we agreed that the easiest way to do this was list Munro Compleatist under activity (easy really)
So in theory anyone can have their activity as Munro Compleatist but I think most that list that will have Compleated all the Munros 8)

Thanks scoob999.
I was just wondering out loud. I definitely believe anyone who has done a complete round deserves recognition. It's an outstanding achievement! :clap:
I hope to bag my 1st some time this year (that's my 1st munro, not my 1st round).
willsdad
Backpacker

Postby scoob999 » Thu Feb 23, 2017 6:36 pm

willsdad wrote:
scoob999 wrote:This is my fault :shock:

Thanks scoob999.
I was just wondering out loud. I definitely believe anyone who has done a complete round deserves recognition. It's an outstanding achievement! :clap:
I hope to bag my 1st some time this year (that's my 1st munro, not my 1st round).

Be careful it's very addictive :shock: :lol:
scoob999
Munro compleatist

Munros:143   Corbetts:222
Fionas:151   Donalds:89+52
Sub 2000:145   Hewitts:27
Wainwrights:7   Islands:22

Can you help support Walkhighlands?

Our forum is free from adverts - your generosity keeps it running.
Can you help support Walkhighlands and this community by donating by direct debit?

Return to General discussion