walkhighlands

Share your personal walking route experiences in Scotland, and comment on other peoples' reports.
Warning Please note that hillwalking when there is snow lying requires an ice-axe, crampons and the knowledge, experience and skill to use them correctly. Summer routes may not be viable or appropriate in winter. See winter information on our skills and safety pages for more information.

Beinn a'Bheithir

Beinn a'Bheithir

Postby Louise993 » Mon Mar 27, 2017 7:07 pm

Munros included on this walk: Sgòrr Dhearg (Beinn a' Bheithir), Sgòrr Dhònuill (Beinn a' Bheithir)

Date walked: 25/03/2017

Time taken: 7 hours

Distance: 11 km

Ascent: 1130m

Register or Login
free to be able to rate and comment on reports (as well as access 1:25000 mapping).

Club weekend in Kinlochleven

JimFlemming, Jim , Steve,Iain and Brian were in attendance

Staying at the Blackwater Hostel right beside the Ice factory. Absolutely lovely hostel the family were so friendly, helpful and very accommodating but not in your face at all, lovely people. The hostel is spotless ( cleanest hostel i have been too, sorry Skywalkers it supersedes you , but only cause they have en-suite :) with en-suite showers, TV in the rooms. If i had to be picky the only thing i would say is the broadband is temperamental and seemed to work only in the kitchen/lounge area and the beds are very hard. However Would defo stay again!

Ok!, hills

Set off from the south Ballachulish car park just passed the golf course. Think this is a much easier and quicker route than the one described on WH.

If thinking about doing this route in April 2017 , please note there is some major tree felling going on and there are diversions in place. I would check with the forestry commission on diversions before going :)

ABSOLUTELY PERFECT DAY. One of those very rare days indeed . Weather was beautiful.

Route attached. ( GPS only picked up when there was a clearing in the woods on the way up)
Attachments

Move_2017_03_25_09_24_11_ Beinn a'Bheithir.gpx Open full screen  NB: Walkhighlands is not responsible for the accuracy of gpx files in users posts

Louise993
Mountaineer

Munros:282   Corbetts:14
Fionas:1   Donalds:5
Sub 2000:5   

Re: Beinn a'Bheithir

Postby Collaciotach » Mon Mar 27, 2017 10:35 pm

Was it you i met ?

I was fella with wee black terrier :wink:
Collaciotach
Mountain Walker

Munros:282   Corbetts:219
Fionas:47   Donalds:10
Sub 2000:27   
Islands:30

Postby Louise993 » Wed Mar 29, 2017 10:38 pm

Heloooo yes indeed it was :lol:

Great weekend eh ?
Louise993
Mountaineer

Postby brpro26 » Fri Mar 31, 2017 1:42 am

Sounds like a good weekend​ with the usual suspects. JF & Iain have done that tour already, must like your company. Good job on the Ring O Steall. The scrambling on An G is unexpected and the Devil ridge is pants. Looking forward to Andy's Comp at Kintail....Going to be a hoot. Hic. BTW...Your catching up I don't like that. Ok
brpro26

Munros:220   Corbetts:7
Fionas:4   Donalds:3
Sub 2000:9   

Postby Louise993 » Fri Mar 31, 2017 2:39 pm

brpro26 wrote:Sounds like a good weekend​ with the usual suspects. JF & Iain have done that tour already, must like your company. Good job on the Ring O Steall. The scrambling on An G is unexpected and the Devil ridge is pants. Looking forward to Andy's Comp at Kintail....Going to be a hoot. Hic. BTW...Your catching up I don't like that. Ok

Helloooooooo no seen you in ages !
I was walking solo both days as you are correct everyone else had done these.
If I can get into Rattagan I will defo be coming to Andy's comp but I have a feeling I might have left it too late, will check today :-)
I am catching up eh :lol:
Big 40 this year, need to get my fingure oot lol
Louise993
Mountaineer

Register or Login
free to be able to rate and comment on reports (as well as access 1:25000 mapping).

Can you help support Walkhighlands?

Our forum is free from adverts - your generosity keeps it running.
Can you help support Walkhighlands and this community by donating by direct debit?

Return to Walk reports - Scotland