walkhighlands

Share your personal walking route experiences in Scotland, and comment on other peoples' reports.
Warning Please note that hillwalking when there is snow lying requires an ice-axe, crampons and the knowledge, experience and skill to use them correctly. Summer routes may not be viable or appropriate in winter. See winter information on our skills and safety pages for more information.

Beinn a chlachlair

Beinn a chlachlair

Postby Coop » Wed Apr 19, 2017 6:53 pm

Route description: Beinn a' Chlachair, Geal Chàrn & Creag Pitridh

Munros included on this walk: Beinn a' Chlachair

Date walked: 19/04/2017

Time taken: 5.35 hours

Distance: 19 km

Ascent: 850m

Register or Login
free to be able to rate and comment on reports (as well as access 1:25000 mapping).

Having done gael charn and creag pitridh last month it was back for some unfinished business. All the way along and up the track the top remained in cloud .
Crossed the stream about 500m past the ford and headed up the boggy wet slope to the top of the plateau. No paths to speak of as there was still some snow on top. Clag was still low and I followed the edge of the corrie and then the cairn came into view. No views and not hanging around for any that may appear- still a fair amount of snow and it was getting cold.
Followed the edge of the corrie back round- and my own footsteps in the snow.
Started coming down earlier, a little into the corrie. This proved to be a good move as it wasn't as wet or boggy as the the ascent after the stream.
Headed for the track just above the shielings and found some boulders to hop over the stream again.
Back onto the track and I bumped into a few who were going various ways and routes today.
Had some looks back up and it was starting to clear a little up top. Anyway.
Back to the bridge and car. Good to see the construction company sign has been removed- as it covered the "walkers welcome" sign when I was last here.
Back through Glencoe and a stop at the 3 sisters to look again at the route up towards Bidean.
Good clear day is what I'm waiting for before going up there.

Cap doffed to Beinn a Chlachlair
Cheers
Coop
Munro compleatist

Munros:78   Corbetts:123
Fionas:68   Donalds:52+16
Sub 2000:14   Hewitts:41
Wainwrights:65   Islands:14
Walk wish-list

Register or Login
free to be able to rate and comment on reports (as well as access 1:25000 mapping).

Can you help support Walkhighlands?

Our forum is free from adverts - your generosity keeps it running.
Can you help support Walkhighlands and this community by donating by direct debit?

Return to Walk reports - Scotland