walkhighlands

Share your personal walking route experiences in Scotland, and comment on other peoples' reports.
Warning Please note that hillwalking when there is snow lying requires an ice-axe, crampons and the knowledge, experience and skill to use them correctly. Summer routes may not be viable or appropriate in winter. See winter information on our skills and safety pages for more information.

Loch Morar in the rain and goodbye to Tess

Loch Morar in the rain and goodbye to Tess

by dogplodder » Mon May 15, 2017 11:53 pm

Route description: Loch Morar to Tarbet, Bracorina, near Morar

Date walked: 14/04/2017

Click to mark this as a great report. Register or Login
free to be able to rate and comment on reports (as well as access 1:25000 mapping).

Re: Loch Morar in the rain and goodbye to Tess

Postby dogplodder » Mon May 29, 2017 7:28 pm

Graeme D wrote:Not sure "wonderful report" really is appropriate here, but you know what I mean. The pictures of Tess on various hills over the years are what really make this report. You will miss your faithful pal, that is sure. Sadly for me, I think I may be writing a similar report in the not too distant future. I have thought that day was upon me a few times in the last couple of years but my Lucy, 14 in December should she make it that far, has always managed to bounce back. She has been a faithful companion on so many hill days but none for a couple of years now, and now she is going downhill fast. I don't think she will bounce back again. We are steeling ourselves too for that day. My thoughts are with you.

They're so uncomplaining it can be hard to know when the time has finally come. I'm just thankful that finding the tumour in her mouth made it more clear cut than it might have been. We'll have to go through it again with Jack who will be 13 in August. Definitely the downside of letting dogs into our hearts. :(
dogplodder

Munros:242   Corbetts:74
Fionas:25   
Sub 2000:32   Hewitts:4
Wainwrights:9   Islands:24

Postby dogplodder » Mon May 29, 2017 7:32 pm

monarchming wrote:So sorry for your loss of your great dog Tess
I have a wee Cairn called Angus and dread that day
But as everyone has said you have some amazing memories together
I hope you find some comfort in the time you had together especially in the mountains

The first hill I did after losing her I could see her in my mind, walking beside me all the way.
dogplodder

Postby dogplodder » Mon May 29, 2017 7:33 pm

rockhopper wrote:Echoing the above, a fitting tribute - you'll have some great memories by which to remember her - cheers :)

Thanks.
dogplodder

Postby dogplodder » Mon May 29, 2017 7:34 pm

Alteknacker wrote:It's clear from so many of the comments so far that those of us that have pooches absolutely understand your loss. Yet, as others have said, she clearly had a great life from rescue - some source of consolation when the inevitable happens. We lost one of our rescues in an accident, and that's something the rescue centre leader said to us at the time.

Yes I think that's true.
dogplodder

Postby dogplodder » Thu Jun 01, 2017 12:00 pm

KatTai wrote:Difficult report to "like", but such a lovely tribute to Tess and I'm so sorry for your loss. She had a fantastic life with you. My oldest two are 13 this year, and Fly (who's hill-life was pretty much cut short by arthritis that she had when I got her) probably doesn't have much time left given the state that her hips are now in. At the moment she is happy, but I know probably sooner rather than later the time will come to say goodbye. All we can do is make sure they are happy, and I'm sure Tess was a very, very happy dog.

Our Jack is 13 this year so know how you feel with your two. x
dogplodder

Postby dogplodder » Thu Jun 01, 2017 12:02 pm

Chris Mac wrote:All the best in Doggy heaven Tess (yes they do go there), your adventures will live on forever in every walk report you have featured in. :clap:

I'm glad to have the reports she's in - though a bit hard to read right now. :(
dogplodder

Postby dogplodder » Thu Jun 01, 2017 12:02 pm

celt54321 wrote:when a pet passes away,you just have to be strong ,they are part of your life .i hope you cope as well as you can,im so sorry for your loss.its not easy.but time heals,it may not what you want to hear but thats life.god bless the wee dog.iv been in your position a couple of times.its not easy,hope u guys cope ok.

Thanks
dogplodder

Postby dogplodder » Thu Jun 01, 2017 12:04 pm

Huff_n_Puff wrote:Beautiful tribute to a delightful loyal dog. What a splendid life she had with you all, and what a joy to have so many stunning photos of her and Jack and all the people you've walked with. Hugs and fond memories :)

Thanks Liz. I've very fond memories of the walks we did with all four together. 8)
dogplodder

Postby RichieMay » Thu Feb 08, 2018 11:12 pm

Love this walk, one of my favourites in the area.

Tess sounds like she was a proper dog...........

Thanks for sharing, really looking forward to going back and will think about her as i'm walking it later this year!
RichieMay
Mountaineer

Postby dogplodder » Mon Feb 12, 2018 7:53 pm

RichieMay wrote:Love this walk, one of my favourites in the area.

Tess sounds like she was a proper dog...........

Thanks for sharing, really looking forward to going back and will think about her as i'm walking it later this year!

Thank you. That is so kind! 8)
dogplodder

18 people think this report is great.
Register or Login
free to be able to rate and comment on reports (as well as access 1:25000 mapping).

Previous

Can you help support Walkhighlands?

Our forum is free from adverts - your generosity keeps it running.
Can you help support Walkhighlands and this community by donating by direct debit?

Return to Walk reports - Scotland