walkhighlands

This board is for meeting up, whether it means arranging group walking trips, or just looking for a partner for your next walk or sharing a lift. There is also a club directory.
Warning Feel free to use this board to arrange to meet up with other walkers, either individually or for a particular walk, or for a larger get together over a weekend. The usual precautions are advised when arranging to meet individuals you have not previously met.

Please note that meetups are NOT arranged by Walkhighlands and everyone who arranges to meet for a walk using this board is responsible for their own safety. Please ensure you do not attempt a walk beyond your own abilities.

Summer WH Meet- Kyle of Tongue hostel 28th /29th july

Re: Summer WH Meet- Kyle of Tongue hostel 28th /29th july

Postby Guinessman » Sat Jul 22, 2017 11:09 am

J888ohn wrote:
Guinessman wrote:
J888ohn wrote:Ah man, have I got to share with Big Tommo again! :wink: :wink: Can't get rid of him, it's like were mates or something..... :lol:

As for walking plans, we're thinking of going to Ben More Assynt and Conival on Saturday (2 or 3 spaces in my car for anyone else who wants to head there, I say two or 3 cause it depends on how friendly you want to get with the people next to you), doing Ben Hope on the Sunday then maybe a cheeky visit to Ben Klibreck on the way back home on Sunday. All weather dependent as usual.
John I would be up for doing BMA and Conival on the Sat. Planning on doing Kilbreck on the way up

Sounds good Steve. Prob need to leave the hostel about 8am so I'm back in time for quiz duties.

Yeah wont be a problem.
Guinessman
Walker

Munros:282   Corbetts:52
Fionas:27   Donalds:89
Hewitts:142
Wainwrights:214   Islands:15

Postby Rum truffle » Sat Jul 22, 2017 11:59 am

Hi everyone! Thought I'd throw my current plans into the mix. I'm flying into Inverness Thursday evening then hoping for an early start to drive up North. Hoping to do Ben Hope on Friday then probably nearby corbetts on Saturday and Sunday before flying back Sunday evening. Is anyone else planning on Ben Hope on Friday? (I'm sure Saturday plans will be sorted out over a drink or five on Friday night :lol: )
Rum truffle
Munro compleatist

Munros:234   Corbetts:38
Fionas:4   
Sub 2000:2   Hewitts:111
Wainwrights:89   

Postby Ahutch » Sat Jul 22, 2017 12:14 pm

Rum truffle wrote:Hi everyone! Thought I'd throw my current plans into the mix. I'm flying into Inverness Thursday evening then hoping for an early start to drive up North. Hoping to do Ben Hope on Friday then probably nearby corbetts on Saturday and Sunday before flying back Sunday evening. Is anyone else planning on Ben Hope on Friday? (I'm sure Saturday plans will be sorted out over a drink or five on Friday night :lol: )

Do you need a bed as i have 3 left :D
Ahutch
Mountaineer

Munros:4   Corbetts:6
Fionas:1   
Hewitts:50
Wainwrights:91   

Postby M4RTIN » Sat Jul 22, 2017 3:33 pm

Myself, Fife Flyer and dibs are having breakfast in Inverness about 9am, then heading up to take on Ben Hope in the afternoon.
M4RTIN
Mountain Walker

Munros:125   Corbetts:6
Sub 2000:1   
Islands:10

Postby Rum truffle » Sat Jul 22, 2017 4:39 pm

Ahutch wrote:
Rum truffle wrote:Hi everyone! Thought I'd throw my current plans into the mix. I'm flying into Inverness Thursday evening then hoping for an early start to drive up North. Hoping to do Ben Hope on Friday then probably nearby corbetts on Saturday and Sunday before flying back Sunday evening. Is anyone else planning on Ben Hope on Friday? (I'm sure Saturday plans will be sorted out over a drink or five on Friday night :lol: )

Hi Anne, no Im in Inverness SYHA thurs then already booked with you for fri and Sat (this is Sue Back)
Rum truffle
Munro compleatist

Postby Rum truffle » Sat Jul 22, 2017 4:41 pm

M4RTIN wrote:Myself, Fife Flyer and dibs are having breakfast in Inverness about 9am, then heading up to take on Ben Hope in the afternoon.

Would be great to join you! I have a hire car so am independent on the transport front
Rum truffle
Munro compleatist

Postby Ahutch » Sat Jul 22, 2017 5:35 pm

Rum truffle wrote:
Ahutch wrote:

Hi Anne, no Im in Inverness SYHA thurs then already booked with you for fri and Sat (this is Sue Back)

Oh hi Sue ha ha see you Friday x
Ahutch
Mountaineer

Munros:4   Corbetts:6
Fionas:1   
Hewitts:50
Wainwrights:91   

Postby RMed37 » Sun Jul 23, 2017 9:25 pm

Hi folks,

I'm planning on going up Conival and Ben More Assynt on Friday, so if anyone else has the same plans I'd be happy to share the pain :)

Ross
RMed37
Mountain Walker

Munros:247   Corbetts:31
Fionas:34   Donalds:89+51
Sub 2000:33   Hewitts:2
Islands:13

Postby jimbob35 » Sun Jul 23, 2017 9:37 pm

M4RTIN wrote:Myself, Fife Flyer and dibs are having breakfast in Inverness about 9am, then heading up to take on Ben Hope in the afternoon.

Hi Martin,
I'd be interested in joining you for Ben Hope on Friday if that were possible. I have a car if it's needed.
James
jimbob35
Mountaineer

Postby Guinessman » Mon Jul 24, 2017 10:04 pm

Travelling Thursday morning and planning to do something A9 then booked into Aviemore YH overnight. Mulling over plans to do Arkle on the Friday, weather dependant.
Guinessman
Walker

Munros:282   Corbetts:52
Fionas:27   Donalds:89
Hewitts:142
Wainwrights:214   Islands:15

Postby PeteR » Tue Jul 25, 2017 8:17 am

I've decided to forgo the Tongue action this weekend. Had hoped to head into Knoydart to pick off a couple of remaining Munros instead, although the forecast looks decidedly pants for the weekend that too.
PeteR
Munro compleatist

Munros:282   Corbetts:173
Fionas:121   Donalds:89+52
Sub 2000:200   Hewitts:3
Islands:9

Postby Quincy » Tue Jul 25, 2017 9:48 pm

I'm heading north a bit early and hoping to get some hills in on the way. Hoping to do the eastern Fannichs on Thursday if anyone's interested. Will be at the Aultguish bunkhouse tomorrow night.
Also want to do Ben Loyal and Ben Hope over the weekend if we get a break in the weather if anyone wants to join me.
Quincy
Mountain Walker

Munros:216   Corbetts:46
Fionas:15   Donalds:11
Sub 2000:3   Hewitts:15
Wainwrights:24   

Postby David-Main » Tue Jul 25, 2017 10:38 pm

Quincy wrote:I'm heading north a bit early and hoping to get some hills in on the way. Hoping to do the eastern Fannichs on Thursday if anyone's interested. Will be at the Aultguish bunkhouse tomorrow night.
Also want to do Ben Loyal and Ben Hope over the weekend if we get a break in the weather if anyone wants to join me.

Hi Quincy
Im doing the 2 eastern fannichs on Thursday, I am going in via the fannich estate on my bike.
David-Main
Backpacker

Munros:280   Corbetts:47
Fionas:14   Donalds:2
Sub 2000:20   
Islands:21

Postby Quincy » Wed Jul 26, 2017 8:49 am

If I had a bike I might of joined you. I'm now looking at doing the two on the end at Braemore. Then I've a bit of time to get up to the folks and catch up before the weekend. I'll see how the weathers looking.....
Quincy
Mountain Walker

Munros:216   Corbetts:46
Fionas:15   Donalds:11
Sub 2000:3   Hewitts:15
Wainwrights:24   

Postby Graeme D » Wed Jul 26, 2017 12:27 pm

Hope everyone has a great time and I will keep fingers crossed that the weather gods are lenient!
Graeme D

Munros:251   Corbetts:123
Fionas:75   Donalds:22
Sub 2000:59   Hewitts:36
Wainwrights:28   Islands:6

PreviousNext

Can you help support Walkhighlands?

Our forum is free from adverts - your generosity keeps it running.
Can you help support Walkhighlands and this community by donating by direct debit?

Return to Meeting up, arranging trips and walking clubs