walkhighlands

Share your personal walking route experiences in Scotland, and comment on other peoples' reports.
Warning Please note that hillwalking when there is snow lying requires an ice-axe, crampons and the knowledge, experience and skill to use them correctly. Summer routes may not be viable or appropriate in winter. See winter information on our skills and safety pages for more information.

Ben Lawers and Beinn Ghlas - I can see!

Ben Lawers and Beinn Ghlas - I can see!

Postby KatTai » Thu Aug 10, 2017 9:37 pm

Route description: Ben Lawers and Beinn Ghlas

Munros included on this walk: Beinn Ghlas, Ben Lawers

Date walked: 10/08/2017

Time taken: 4 hours

Distance: 10.5 km

1 person thinks this report is great.
Register or Login
free to be able to rate and comment on reports (as well as access 1:25000 mapping).

When I did these two around two years ago, I couldn't see a thing. So they were put on the to-redo list so I could see the views. Skip forward two years, Millie who accompanied me on the first trip has retired from the big hills but Moss has came along to take her place for another shot and this time I wasn't disappointed! Could see for miles! It is a clear path all the way, and Beinn Ghlas was much easier to find this time. Last time because I couldn't see a thing I wasn't sure if I was at the highest point and wasn't sure if the little pile of stones was a marker for something else or marking the summit. Poor summit really lives in the shadow of it's larger neighbour! Anyway, will just fill the rest of this report with mostly photos!

Moss got her turn on the summit after I got some photos for other people on their phones, a guy was taking a selfie with his kid behind him at the summit so I offered to get a photo of them both at the summit and another guy with a kid asked if I'd get one of them too. Moss of course tried to photobomb not understanding why I didn't want her in front of the camera for once!

KatTai
Wanderer

Munros:52   Corbetts:16
Fionas:12   Donalds:2
Sub 2000:53   
Islands:32

Re: Ben Lawers and Beinn Ghlas - I can see!

Postby litljortindan » Thu Aug 10, 2017 10:19 pm

Some lovely pictures there.
litljortindan
Ambler

Munros:154   Corbetts:67
Fionas:29   Donalds:1
Sub 2000:47   Hewitts:12
Wainwrights:10   

Re: Ben Lawers and Beinn Ghlas - I can see!

Postby Coop » Fri Aug 11, 2017 7:43 pm

I'm going to drive past a couple of times in the next couple of months. If it's covered in cloud I'll know the weather gods have gone back to normal with Lawers and you were the lucky one they chose to give a view too :D
Coop
Munro compleatist

Munros:78   Corbetts:123
Fionas:68   Donalds:55+17
Sub 2000:14   Hewitts:43
Wainwrights:69   Islands:14
Walk wish-list

1 person thinks this report is great.
Register or Login
free to be able to rate and comment on reports (as well as access 1:25000 mapping).

Can you help support Walkhighlands?

Our forum is free from adverts - your generosity keeps it running.
Can you help support Walkhighlands and this community by donating by direct debit?

Return to Walk reports - Scotland