walkhighlands

Share your personal walking route experiences in Scotland, and comment on other peoples' reports.
Warning Please note that hillwalking when there is snow lying requires an ice-axe, crampons and the knowledge, experience and skill to use them correctly. Summer routes may not be viable or appropriate in winter. See winter information on our skills and safety pages for more information.

Sorry my dog stole your sandwich!

Sorry my dog stole your sandwich!

Postby pearlybutton » Sun Sep 24, 2017 9:25 pm

Route description: Ben Lomond

Munros included on this walk: Ben Lomond

Date walked: 24/09/2017

Time taken: 4 hours

Register or Login
free to be able to rate and comment on reports (as well as access 1:25000 mapping).

Today I completed my first Munro along with my 2 Huskies and Dalmatian. They did extremely well and we are already looking at doing the next one!

Could not see a thing and with the heavy rain but it was well worth it!

Big apologies to the man who had to do without a sandwich as my Dalmatian thought she could help herself! Sorry!

The Huskies did not help pull me up the hill but they did help pull me down! Literally...

We had a brilliant day and met lots of friendly people!

Cheryl, Bo, Nanuke & Roman
Attachments
IMG_7923_Fotor.jpg
Roman.jpg
Roman
3 husk.jpg
The 3 Huskateers
walkhihglands.jpg
Bo enjoying a swim at the end of our hike
walk hihglanf.jpg
Nanuke showing us the view
pearlybutton

Munros:10   
Fionas:1   

Re: Sorry my dog stole your sandwich!

Postby tummelv » Tue Sep 26, 2017 7:54 pm

Was it Roman who did the stealing? He looks the type! :lol:
tummelv
Mountain Walker

Munros:24   Corbetts:25
Fionas:19   Donalds:1
Sub 2000:77   

Postby spiderwebb » Tue Sep 26, 2017 7:59 pm

Well done, you've started so no stopping now :D The title caught my eye, I'm glad it's not just me. My dog Sam did the same in Affric a few years back, chatting away to a fellow walker, my guard lowered and there was Sam, head in the guys rucksack. I retrieved the head together with a tin foil package, despite my best efforts, could not prise open the jaws :?
The guy said no worries, I hardly ever eat them on the hills, phew I thought, before he followed with .... But I eat them on the long drive back to Edinburgh :? :? The ground didn't open up and swallow me, as was my wish and he declined my offering of a Yorkie bar as compensation :lol:
But these are the wee things that will stick in the memories, as I'm sure you'll remember every hill adventure that will no doubt follow this one :D
spiderwebb
Munro compleatist

Munros:97   Corbetts:15
Fionas:3   Donalds:1
Hewitts:108
Wainwrights:68   

Postby Graeme D » Tue Sep 26, 2017 10:11 pm

My dog Lucy once snaffled a bloke's lunch on Slioch. Unfortunately I was that bloke! :evil:
Graeme D

Munros:251   Corbetts:124
Fionas:75   Donalds:22
Sub 2000:62   Hewitts:36
Wainwrights:28   Islands:6

Postby pearlybutton » Tue Sep 26, 2017 10:22 pm

tummelv wrote:Was it Roman who did the stealing? He looks the type! :lol:

Try the greedy Dalmatian! She's not so innocent! Lol
pearlybutton

Postby pearlybutton » Tue Sep 26, 2017 10:25 pm

spiderwebb wrote:Well done, you've started so no stopping now :D The title caught my eye, I'm glad it's not just me. My dog Sam did the same in Affric a few years back, chatting away to a fellow walker, my guard lowered and there was Sam, head in the guys rucksack. I retrieved the head together with a tin foil package, despite my best efforts, could not prise open the jaws :?
The guy said no worries, I hardly ever eat them on the hills, phew I thought, before he followed with .... But I eat them on the long drive back to Edinburgh :? :? The ground didn't open up and swallow me, as was my wish and he declined my offering of a Yorkie bar as compensation :lol:
But these are the wee things that will stick in the memories, as I'm sure you'll remember every hill adventure that will no doubt follow this one :D

I'm glad it's not just me either then! Haha! Maybe this should be an unwritten rule, make sure you keep your sandwiches above a certain height! Lol. Yep we all have the Munro bug now! Can't wait for the next one! :)
pearlybutton

Postby pearlybutton » Tue Sep 26, 2017 10:27 pm

Graeme D wrote:My dog Lucy once snaffled a bloke's lunch on Slioch. Unfortunately I was that bloke! :evil:

Haha! At least you know now not to leave lunch unattended with Lucy! :lol:
pearlybutton

Postby Alteknacker » Tue Sep 26, 2017 11:19 pm

Like SpiderWebb, the title caught my eye. I was on Goat Fell a year or two ago, and while munching a cheeze-salami-and-Branston-Pickle sandwich on the summit, a particular view caught my eye; so I put it down to take a pic - and 5 seconds later it was in a mutt's jaws!

Must have happened to many of us!

Glad you haven't been put off by the weather - it makes it so much more special when it's beautiful!
Alteknacker
Scrambler

Munros:176   Corbetts:33
Hewitts:264
Wainwrights:118   

Postby rockhopper » Tue Sep 26, 2017 11:58 pm

Nice one - that's you started, you'll have to keep going now :wink:
Haven't had my sandwiches stolen (so far) - maybe dogs don't like cheese and marmalade 8) - cheers :)
rockhopper

Munros:282   Corbetts:222
Fionas:136   Donalds:89+20
Sub 2000:16   Hewitts:2
Wainwrights:3   Islands:20

Postby Caberfeidh » Wed Oct 25, 2017 2:23 pm

You can eat dogs you know. You should tell them that.
Caberfeidh
Stravaiging

Register or Login
free to be able to rate and comment on reports (as well as access 1:25000 mapping).

Can you help support Walkhighlands?

Our forum is free from adverts - your generosity keeps it running.
Can you help support Walkhighlands and this community by donating by direct debit?

Return to Walk reports - Scotland