walkhighlands

Share your personal walking route experiences in Scotland, and comment on other peoples' reports.
Warning Please note that hillwalking when there is snow lying requires an ice-axe, crampons and the knowledge, experience and skill to use them correctly. Summer routes may not be viable or appropriate in winter. See winter information on our skills and safety pages for more information.

There's a bear on Beinn Ime

There's a bear on Beinn Ime

by EmmaKTunskeen » Fri Aug 18, 2017 8:02 pm

Route description: Beinn Narnain and Beinn Ìme

Munros included on this walk: Beinn Ìme, Beinn Narnain

Date walked: 12/08/2017

Time taken: 7.5 hours

Distance: 13.5 km

Ascent: 1011m

Click to mark this as a great report. Register or Login
free to be able to rate and comment on reports (as well as access 1:25000 mapping).

Re: There's a bear on Beinn Ime

Postby EmmaKTunskeen » Thu Oct 26, 2017 12:02 pm

nick70 wrote:Excellent report. I really enjoyed reading it. I'm doing Beinn Narnain and (hopefully) Beinn Ime this Saturday, then a wild camp out. If I'm fit enough may even consider the cobbler, although the dark nights may not allow.

It's always beneficial to read other reports before a walk yourself I find. Once again, excellent report and thanks for the heads up on what I can expect :D

Thanks Nick, and good luck this weekend. The forecast is strong winds and not much view though! Wondering whether I'll have any luck on Meall nan Tarmachan etc on Sunday and Monday.

katyhills wrote:... route up to the bealach, doing the three summits from there, and back the same way. Despite the lack of fitness of the other two, they all managed it!
I find Beinn Ime a very dull hill compared to the others round about it, and the neighbouring Corbetts at the Rest and be Thankful are all nicer too, but it's a Munro, so people want to do it!
Walking across to A Chrois is a nice addition to Narnain, but many people ignore it as it doesn't 'count'. It makes a very pleasant round though :)

Thanks for the recommendations Katy. Next time in that neck of the woods...!
I know what you mean about Beinn Ime, though the views - if you get them - are worth that trudge. I think my favourite part of the day was the peace and the mini-scramble up Narnain thanks to the WH route (plus only doing the long forest zig-zag once).
EmmaKTunskeen
Mountain Walker

Munros:32   Corbetts:28
Fionas:12   Donalds:14
Sub 2000:4   Hewitts:50
Wainwrights:41   Islands:24

Postby Sgurr » Thu Oct 26, 2017 5:06 pm

I leaped to open this, thinking you might have found Ben The Adventure bear, who was left on Carn an Righ or Beinn Iutharn Mor in August https://www.facebook.com/search/top/?q=ben%20the%20adventure%20bear%20and%20his%20bucket%20list
and hasn't been seen since. Interesting trip report. Yes, I did meet a penguin once last year on West Lomond, he was training for a charity walk, and the only person who ever replied "Wait While I put my head on first" when I asked if I could take his photo

Sgurr
Munro compleatist

Munros:282   Corbetts:222
Fionas:219   Donalds:89+52
Sub 2000:569   Hewitts:172
Wainwrights:214   Islands:58

Postby EmmaKTunskeen » Fri Oct 27, 2017 9:31 am

Sgurr wrote:Yes, I did meet a penguin once last year on West Lomond, he was training for a charity walk, and the only person who ever replied "Wait While I put my head on first" when I asked if I could take his photo

:lol: :lol:
Ben seems to have turned up.
EmmaKTunskeen
Mountain Walker

Munros:32   Corbetts:28
Fionas:12   Donalds:14
Sub 2000:4   Hewitts:50
Wainwrights:41   Islands:24

Postby Sgurr » Fri Oct 27, 2017 2:12 pm

EmmaKTunskeen wrote:
Sgurr wrote:Yes, I did meet a penguin once last year on West Lomond, he was training for a charity walk, and the only person who ever replied "Wait While I put my head on first" when I asked if I could take his photo

:lol: :lol:
Ben seems to have turned up.

Oh! So he has. I've been worrying that he might have been blown off a summit by Ophelia or Brian. He looks quite dapper, doesn't he, maybe someone gave him a wash (or a body double.) Surely someone will be passing by Lochnagar soon.
Sgurr
Munro compleatist

Munros:282   Corbetts:222
Fionas:219   Donalds:89+52
Sub 2000:569   Hewitts:172
Wainwrights:214   Islands:58

10 people think this report is great.
Register or Login
free to be able to rate and comment on reports (as well as access 1:25000 mapping).

Previous

Can you help support Walkhighlands?

Our forum is free from adverts - your generosity keeps it running.
Can you help support Walkhighlands and this community by donating by direct debit?

Return to Walk reports - Scotland