walkhighlands

This board is for meeting up, whether it means arranging group walking trips, or just looking for a partner for your next walk or sharing a lift. There is also a club directory.
Warning Feel free to use this board to arrange to meet up with other walkers, either individually or for a particular walk, or for a larger get together over a weekend. The usual precautions are advised when arranging to meet individuals you have not previously met.

Please note that meetups are NOT arranged by Walkhighlands and everyone who arranges to meet for a walk using this board is responsible for their own safety. Please ensure you do not attempt a walk beyond your own abilities.

AUTUMN WH MEET FRI 10TH/12TH NOVEMBER

Re: AUTUMN WH MEET FRI 10TH/12TH NOVEMBER

Postby dibs » Tue Nov 07, 2017 10:51 pm

Backpacker wrote:
2manyYorkies wrote:
dibs wrote:
Thats our plan too, 3 of us at the moment so see you on Thursday evening.

George

Great stuff George, I’ll look forward to that. Deborah will be parked up at the start and will join us. Book time of 7-9 hours so will need to be a fairly early one I guess.

I'm doing Beinn Mhanach on Thurs before heading up. No plans yet for the weekend

On the way up Martin and I are doing the 2 on the east side of Dalwinnie at layby 87 :wink: Should be at the Hostel by 5 all being well.
dibs
Munro compleatist

Munros:187   Corbetts:32
Fionas:29   Donalds:89
Sub 2000:100   Hewitts:2
Islands:15

Postby dibs » Tue Nov 07, 2017 10:58 pm

Great stuff George, I’ll look forward to that. Deborah will be parked up at the start and will join us. Book time of 7-9 hours so will need to be a fairly early one I guess.[/quote]

I'm doing Beinn Mhanach on Thurs before heading up. No plans yet for the weekend[/quote]

On the way up Martin and I are doing the 2 on the east side of Dalwinnie at layby 87 :wink: Should be at the Hostel by 5 all being well.[/quote]

I also want to do Ben Tee so may miss one of the Munros out as I have already done these. On Saturday I may miss Gairich out and do 2 Corbetts at Loch Arkaig Geal Charn and its pal as I think Martin and Parminder may have enough accomplices to keep them safe.
dibs
Munro compleatist

Munros:187   Corbetts:32
Fionas:29   Donalds:89
Sub 2000:100   Hewitts:2
Islands:15

Postby Ahutch » Tue Nov 07, 2017 11:15 pm

Can't wait to see everyone Friday :D
Ahutch
Mountaineer

Munros:4   Corbetts:6
Fionas:1   
Hewitts:50
Wainwrights:91   

Postby Guinessman » Wed Nov 08, 2017 7:41 pm

First casualty reporting. Due to a combination of man flu, a knee injury and a very poor weather forecast I,m going to sit this one out. A bed will be available for any campers struggling. Enjoy the meet folks
Guinessman
Walker

Munros:282   Corbetts:52
Fionas:27   Donalds:89
Hewitts:142
Wainwrights:214   Islands:15

Postby MichelleHamilton » Thu Nov 09, 2017 10:03 am

Guinessman wrote:First casualty reporting. Due to a combination of man flu, a knee injury and a very poor weather forecast I,m going to sit this one out. A bed will be available for any campers struggling. Enjoy the meet folks

Hi there Guinessman sorry to hear your not feeling great, hope you feel better soon especially your knee injury, cause we know man flu is a myth !! :lol: :lol: :lol: and thanks for letting us no and the kind offer to the campers, all the best Michelle
MichelleHamilton
Munro compleatist

Munros:270   Corbetts:18
Fionas:2   Donalds:1
Sub 2000:7   

Postby Jaxter » Thu Nov 09, 2017 10:05 am

Guinessman wrote:First casualty reporting. Due to a combination of man flu, a knee injury and a very poor weather forecast I,m going to sit this one out. A bed will be available for any campers struggling. Enjoy the meet folks

:( :( :(
Sorry to hear that dude, hope you have a speedy recovery! 8)
Thought the forecast was looking decent :shock:
Jaxter
Wanderer

Munros:217   Corbetts:141
Fionas:91   Donalds:49+13
Sub 2000:131   Hewitts:69
Wainwrights:81   Islands:35

Postby jules999 » Thu Nov 09, 2017 12:07 pm

Tomorrows weather not looking the best.. but still travelling up to Clunie Inn for 8/8.30am and heading up to do Ciste Dubh and Am Bathach.. because i hit the Corbett Am Bathach first.. i will see how weather goes to head further towards munro.. as its looking pretty windy at mo.. should be at hostel for 4 pm if i get both.. or if i only get corbett.. ill be happy.. and get to hostel for about 12.30/1pm.. Gulvain or Gairich for sat.. and not sure sun.. maybe Creag Meagaidh sun on way home.. see you all for a great weekend x
jules999
Mountain Walker

Munros:274   Corbetts:67
Fionas:19   Donalds:6
Sub 2000:33   
Islands:4

Postby hutchy1 » Thu Nov 09, 2017 5:27 pm

dibs wrote:Great stuff George, I’ll look forward to that. Deborah will be parked up at the start and will join us. Book time of 7-9 hours so will need to be a fairly early one I guess.

I'm doing Beinn Mhanach on Thurs before heading up. No plans yet for the weekend[/quote]

On the way up Martin and I are doing the 2 on the east side of Dalwinnie at layby 87 :wink: Should be at the Hostel by 5 all being well.[/quote]

I also want to do Ben Tee so may miss one of the Munros out as I have already done these. On Saturday I may miss Gairich out and do 2 Corbetts at Loch Arkaig Geal Charn and its pal as I think Martin and Parminder may have enough accomplices to keep them safe.[/quote]

Is it ok to join in with the loch Lochy duo group if so what time are you looking to start
hutchy1
Mountain Walker

Munros:279   Corbetts:21
Hewitts:113
Wainwrights:214   Islands:2

Postby MichelleHamilton » Thu Nov 09, 2017 6:50 pm

MichelleHamilton wrote:Hi everyone I am delighted to announce the next Walkhighlands Autumn Meet will take place on Friday 10th to Sunday 12th November 2017 at the :

Great Glen Hostel
South Laggan
Spean Bridge
PH34 4EA

We have booked full use of the hostel for all you hill bagging outdoor lovers old and new.

For more information please visit the hostels website and facebook page.

Cost of a bed will be£20 per person per night.
The room plan is as follows and it will be first come first serve however due to the nature of the room sizes and the amount of beds available we should have loads of space.

ROOM PLAN

Room 1 – 5 beds (one double & three single beds - with ensuite bathroom) GILL, JULES & SHARON
Room 1a – 2 beds ANNE & DARREN
Room 2 – 5 beds (one double & three single beds) lYNN, GILL C, , SUE BACK
Room 2a – 2 beds DAVID VENTURES
Room 3 – 2 beds SCOTJAMIE + one
Room 4 – 8 beds DIBS, PARMINDER, ADAM (TOMBOMBADILIO), RMED37 , M4RTIN
Room 5 – 3 beds (one double bed and 2 single bed ) JIM & MICHELLE
Room 5a – 5 beds (one double bed and three single beds) JAC H, JACKIE B,
Room 6 – 5 beds (one double bed and three single beds) ANDY SMITH (LONDON WALKER), DOUGIE, SEANA
Room 7 – 6 beds JONATHAN, HUGH, TOMMY, GARY
Room 8 – 6 beds ROSS (MAGOO82), STEVE SMITH, MALKY_C, JIMBOB,

Rooms 1, 1a and 3 are downstairs; all others are upstairs. Rooms 2, 2a and 4 are grouped together, as are 5 and 5a, and also 6, 7 and 8. There is a bathroom downstairs with shower/toilet/sink opposite room 1a, and similar bathrooms upstairs next to rooms 2a and 5a. The main bathrooms are on the upstairs corridor near rooms 6,7 and 8. Each has 3 toilets, 2 showers, and 3 sinks.

If you want to camp you are allowed to however as quoted by Clem the owner ‘We do allow camping by the hostel, but due to previous problems with the neighbours have a rule that there is no loud noise out there after 10pm’.

I would like to invite all and look forward to your response and if you have questions please feel free to ask either myself Michelle or Jim.
MichelleHamilton
Munro compleatist

Munros:270   Corbetts:18
Fionas:2   Donalds:1
Sub 2000:7   

Postby BlackPanther » Thu Nov 09, 2017 6:55 pm

Good luck to everybody with your Friday plans - may weather be kind to you :D and see you all on Saturday morning! :D :D
BlackPanther
Mountain Walker

Munros:268   Corbetts:182
Fionas:136   
Sub 2000:75   

Postby JacH » Fri Nov 10, 2017 1:42 pm

Just wondering, if I turn up at silly o'clock, will I be able to get into the hostel?
JacH
Munro compleatist

Munros:137   

Postby Scotjamie » Fri Nov 10, 2017 2:06 pm

Damn.. missed once again. Missed you by two days on the CWT in 2015!! Get well soon.
Scotjamie
Wanderer

Munros:148   

Postby Scotjamie » Fri Nov 10, 2017 2:07 pm

JacH wrote:Just wondering, if I turn up at silly o'clock, will I be able to get into the hostel?

The silly o'clocks will still be up!
Scotjamie
Wanderer

Munros:148   

Postby Ahutch » Fri Nov 10, 2017 2:48 pm

Scotjamie wrote:
JacH wrote:Just wondering, if I turn up at silly o'clock, will I be able to get into the hostel?

The silly o'clocks will still be up!

Silly o clocks where up to 5am in summer :clap:
Ahutch
Mountaineer

Postby Ahutch » Sun Nov 12, 2017 11:21 am

Thank you Michelle and Jim for a great weekend !! Over to Tommy :clap:
Ahutch
Mountaineer

PreviousNext

Can you help support Walkhighlands?

Our forum is free from adverts - your generosity keeps it running.
Can you help support Walkhighlands and this community by donating by direct debit?

Return to Meeting up, arranging trips and walking clubs