walkhighlands

Share your personal walking route experiences in Scotland, and comment on other peoples' reports.
Warning Please note that hillwalking when there is snow lying requires an ice-axe, crampons and the knowledge, experience and skill to use them correctly. Summer routes may not be viable or appropriate in winter. See winter information on our skills and safety pages for more information.

Perfect Snow On Conival but no Chips in Ullapool

Perfect Snow On Conival but no Chips in Ullapool

by Cairngorm creeper » Tue Feb 13, 2018 11:47 am

Munros included on this walk: Conival

Date walked: 26/01/2018

Distance: 14.5 km

Ascent: 950m

Click to mark this as a great report. Register or Login
free to be able to rate and comment on reports (as well as access 1:25000 mapping).

Re: Perfect Snow On Conival but no Chips in Ullapool

Postby Cairngorm creeper » Sun Feb 18, 2018 11:55 pm

spiderwebb wrote:Stunning photos, what a day :D :D Some time since I've been up there, but had a fantastic memorable day, and I recall a sting in the tail heading over to BMA, as there is a drop and reascent before the summit, which isn't obvious from Conival :lol:

Thanks Spider, still hope to get back to go up BMA before the winter ends, but yes I remember that drop and the reascent as well, :lol:
Cairngorm creeper
Mountain Walker

Munros:147   Corbetts:24
Fionas:6   Donalds:1
Sub 2000:1   Hewitts:15
Wainwrights:9   

Postby Sunset tripper » Mon Feb 19, 2018 11:21 pm

Brilliant pictures especially, looking back at the summit and top of the ridge. When you go back to Ben More Assynt the ridge to the south top is worth a look if you haven't been on it. Though to be fair I haven't been on it in winter. :shock:

Ben More Assynt looking along the ridge from the south.
2012-08-26 16.05.20 (545x640).jpg

P.S. Ive found the chip shops in Ullapool to be a bit hit and miss sometimes. :D
Sunset tripper

Postby Cairngorm creeper » Tue Feb 20, 2018 12:12 pm

Sunset tripper wrote:Brilliant pictures especially, looking back at the summit and top of the ridge. When you go back to Ben More Assynt the ridge to the south top is worth a look if you haven't been on it. Though to be fair I haven't been on it in winter. :shock:

Ben More Assynt looking along the ridge from the south.
2012-08-26 16.05.20 (545x640).jpg

P.S. Ive found the chip shops in Ullapool to be a bit hit and miss sometimes. :D

Thanks ST and the Ridge to the South Top does look good :think:
Cairngorm creeper
Mountain Walker

Munros:147   Corbetts:24
Fionas:6   Donalds:1
Sub 2000:1   Hewitts:15
Wainwrights:9   

9 people think this report is great.
Register or Login
free to be able to rate and comment on reports (as well as access 1:25000 mapping).

Previous

Can you help support Walkhighlands?

Our forum is free from adverts - your generosity keeps it running.
Can you help support Walkhighlands and this community by donating by direct debit?

Return to Walk reports - Scotland