walkhighlands

To make the forum a bit more social... for new members (and old ones!) to introduce themselves to the site. You are welcome!

Scottish National Trail in September

Scottish National Trail in September

Postby MattOutdoors » Mon Feb 19, 2018 10:33 pm

Hello, I am new to the group so apologies if this is the wrong place to post this.

I am looking to embark on the Scottish National Trail in September and I was wondering if anyone has any knowledge of restricted areas due to Deer stalking at these times on the trail?

Thanks,

Matt
MattOutdoors
Scrambler

Re: Scottish National Trail in September

Postby Skyelines » Tue Feb 20, 2018 7:44 pm

Have a look at http://outdooraccess-scotland.com/Practical-guide/public/heading-for-the-scottish-hills it should give you some info about estates that are on your route.
Skyelines
Wanderer

Postby MattOutdoors » Wed Feb 21, 2018 8:23 pm

Thanks for this! I did see it and will be getting all of the maps to cross reference with the info provided. I was wondering if anyone has any direct experience with either the whole trail or a section of the trail like the cape wrath trail in september
MattOutdoors
Scrambler

Postby Sgurr » Thu Feb 22, 2018 6:21 pm

MattOutdoors wrote:Thanks for this! I did see it and will be getting all of the maps to cross reference with the info provided. I was wondering if anyone has any direct experience with either the whole trail or a section of the trail like the cape wrath trail in september

You may need to check the Cape Wrath MOD firing times. We heard them from afar once, and wouldn't want to be anywhere near them https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/scotland-firing-times
I think the trail maybe skirts the worst of the unexploded ordnance Image
Sgurr
Munro compleatist

Munros:282   Corbetts:222
Fionas:219   Donalds:89+52
Sub 2000:569   Hewitts:172
Wainwrights:214   Islands:58

Can you help support Walkhighlands?

Our forum is free from adverts - your generosity keeps it running.
Can you help support Walkhighlands and this community by donating by direct debit?

Return to Say hello...