walkhighlands

To make the forum a bit more social... for new members (and old ones!) to introduce themselves to the site. You are welcome!

New girl

New girl

Postby katefrost » Sun Apr 12, 2009 11:55 pm

Hello,

New here. This site is brilliant; just what I've been looking for. I decided to go on a spur of the moment hike up in the highlands for something to do this Easter weekend, and could plan my routes and accommodation here. It even has the weather forcast! Hopefully, that was the first trip of many. Lots of others obviously decided to make the most of the long weekend... the roads through Loch Lomond were heaving, and wisps of smoke rose through the trees every couple of hundred yards. Luckily I found a spot to pitch (near Eas Chia-Aig) that was secluded and peaceful.

The weather was great. Can't believe my luck! I think I even caught a bit of sun on my face!

I owe all my camping skills to girl guiding. I thought many times over the weekend how lucky I was to have had the chance. A big thank you to my leaders. I would never have done this crazy thing without that experience to give me the confidence. I'm a leader now, and I just hope I can inspire the same love of the outdoors, and responsibility, in some of my girls.

BTW: Tescos have a good range of basic camping gear in at the moment- for the credit crunch camping holiday. :)

Kate xx
Attachments
camp.gif
Home sweet home
katefrost

Re: New girl

Postby druidsam » Mon Apr 13, 2009 12:33 am

hello kate,welcome to the site

..........................Sam
druidsam

Munros:87   Corbetts:5
Fionas:2   Donalds:2

Postby mountain coward » Mon Apr 13, 2009 1:48 am

Hi Kate and welcome... good job you took a tent if it was spur of the moment and Easter!
mountain coward

Postby cjwaugh » Mon Apr 13, 2009 1:17 pm

Welcome Kate it is a brilliant site isn't it hope you enjoyed your weekend I was stuck in the house nursing a calf muscle strain :(
cjwaugh

Munros:282   Corbetts:27
Fionas:9   Donalds:27+0

Postby Myth » Mon Apr 13, 2009 4:07 pm

Welcome!

I was out and about last weekend and saw several campers, some other motorhomes and several folks obviously sleeping in their cars!

It was a cracking weekend for it in the far north!
Myth

Postby Caberfeidh » Thu Apr 16, 2009 9:33 am

Yeah - I got stuck behind a bloody-minded campervan who wouldn't pull over to let me pass as I tried to get up the Mallaig road for the last ferry.We should be allowed James Bond-style rockets.
Caberfeidh
Stravaiging

Postby NorthFace34 » Thu Apr 16, 2009 10:44 pm

Hi Kate Welcome to the site.
NorthFace34

Munros:2   Corbetts:3

Can you help support Walkhighlands?

Our forum is free from adverts - your generosity keeps it running.
Can you help support Walkhighlands and this community by donating by direct debit?

Return to Say hello...