walkhighlands

This board is for meeting up, whether it means arranging group walking trips, or just looking for a partner for your next walk or sharing a lift. There is also a club directory.
Warning Feel free to use this board to arrange to meet up with other walkers, either individually or for a particular walk, or for a larger get together over a weekend. The usual precautions are advised when arranging to meet individuals you have not previously met.

Please note that meetups are NOT arranged by Walkhighlands and everyone who arranges to meet for a walk using this board is responsible for their own safety. Please ensure you do not attempt a walk beyond your own abilities.

Looking for women to scramble/hike with, June 23-26

Looking for women to scramble/hike with, June 23-26

Postby aliak » Mon May 21, 2018 1:05 am

Hello! I'm traveling to Scotland for a week or so this June and I'm hoping to do some hiking and scrambling- even climbing if you're willing to share some gear with me. I'll be in Glencoe June 22-24 (Fri-Sun), then Inverness/Aviemore June 24-26. Leaving Wednesday morning. I would love to meet some other women that want to get out there, so let me know if you're interested and free on any of those dates. I'd love to go to Torridon or really do any cool walks with good views. I'm up for strenuous and non-strenuous hikes, hanging out at a pub after, even camping for a night. I don't have a car so if you have one that would be great, happy to split gas costs.
aliak
Rock-climber

Re: Looking for women to scramble/hike with, June 23-26

Postby Caberfeidh » Mon May 21, 2018 9:52 am

Sounds good to me, when do we start?
Caberfeidh
Stravaiging

Postby aliak » Tue May 22, 2018 7:40 am

Would especially love to head out to Torridon on June 25 or 26 for the day, especially if you have a car!
aliak
Rock-climber

Postby Caberfeidh » Tue May 22, 2018 7:52 am

We had better stick to the coast as my preferred mode of travel is to cling to tidal debris.
Caberfeidh
Stravaiging

Postby terezka » Wed Jun 20, 2018 3:43 pm

Hello

I will be in Glencoe on the 24,25 th June, I am looking for someone to walk Bidean Nam Bian on monday ideally.

I have done some walking few years back in India and Nepal, but in scottish mountain, so ideally i wouldnt walk alone. Have you got a fixed plan yet?

I will get to Glencoe from Mallaig on sunday luch time and happy to do some afternoon hike if you have some in mind.

either way have a great trip.

Best,

Terezka
terezka
Mountaineer

Can you help support Walkhighlands?

Our forum is free from adverts - your generosity keeps it running.
Can you help support Walkhighlands and this community by donating by direct debit?

Return to Meeting up, arranging trips and walking clubs