walkhighlands

Share your personal walking route experiences in Scotland, and comment on other peoples' reports.
Warning Please note that hillwalking when there is snow lying requires an ice-axe, crampons and the knowledge, experience and skill to use them correctly. Summer routes may not be viable or appropriate in winter. See winter information on our skills and safety pages for more information.

An Teallach in amazing Weather

An Teallach in amazing Weather

Postby Mttbtt » Tue Jul 03, 2018 10:03 pm

Route description: An Teallach, Dundonnell

Munros included on this walk: Bidein a' Ghlas Thuill (An Teallach), Sgùrr Fiona (An Teallach)

Date walked: 01/07/2018

Time taken: 10 hours

Distance: 20 km

Ascent: 1700m

3 people think this report is great.
Register or Login
free to be able to rate and comment on reports (as well as access 1:25000 mapping).

A fantastic walk with my daughter who had not seen the West Coast in all its beauty
The link above is to a short YouTube video that describes the walk better than words can
Clegg's were busy and hungry but nothing could take away from the stunning scenery
Thanks to walk highlands for the route, the resource and the others that report making for a pleasurable day
Mttbtt
Munro compleatist

Re: An Teallach in amazing Weather

Postby SAVAGEALICE » Wed Jul 04, 2018 4:56 pm

Brilliant . What a fab video 🙌🏻 :clap:
The drone shots of you sat up on the ridge are 👌
A couple of days earlier I was on the 2 Corbetts (Beinn Dearg mor & Beinn Dearg bheag) on the other side of Loch na Sealga - also getting brutally attacked by clegs :?
SAVAGEALICE

Munros:282   Corbetts:222
Fionas:79   Donalds:8
Sub 2000:46   Hewitts:22
Wainwrights:33   Islands:21

Postby Mttbtt » Wed Jul 04, 2018 5:14 pm

glad you enjoyed it...we certainly did..a wonderful place
Mttbtt
Munro compleatist

Postby inca » Wed Jul 04, 2018 6:21 pm

Excellent video 👍 Thoroughly enjoyed it, particularly the drone footage of your lunch stop. You've clearly got a talent for these things but I'm sure a lot of work went into the finished product too. Some great family memories for you both. Well done. :clap: :clap:
inca
Hill Bagger

Munros:225   Corbetts:71
Fionas:82   Donalds:89+41
Sub 2000:198   

Postby GeorgeGavin » Sun Feb 10, 2019 11:17 pm

Great video I was climbing the Fannichs that week and clegs were a nightmare any time you stopped :clap:
GeorgeGavin
Mountain Walker

Munros:269   Corbetts:13
Fionas:2   
Hewitts:2
Wainwrights:1   Islands:14

Postby Alteknacker » Sun Feb 10, 2019 11:42 pm

Wonderful place, great vid. Like others, I find the summit drone pics brilliant.

I was on An Teallach the week before in similar weather, but I don't think I could have got any pic with only one clegg on it!!!
https://www.walkhighlands.co.uk/Forum/viewtopic.php?f=9&t=82428
I despatched 110 to the eternal fires of clegg hell between midday the previous day, and about 17.00 the day I walked An Teallach - and I must have missed just as many. I didn't think to try the clegg dance though.... :D
Alteknacker
Scrambler

Munros:176   Corbetts:33
Fionas:1   
Hewitts:264
Wainwrights:118   

3 people think this report is great.
Register or Login
free to be able to rate and comment on reports (as well as access 1:25000 mapping).

Can you help support Walkhighlands?

Our forum is free from adverts - your generosity keeps it running.
Can you help support Walkhighlands and this community by donating by direct debit?

Return to Walk reports - Scotland