walkhighlands

Check this board for announcements about new features and content on Walkhighlands

Munro Tops

Munro Tops

Postby amaciejk » Tue May 29, 2018 12:31 pm

Apologies if this has been asked before - but is there any chance of the Munro Tops being added as a Hill List on this site? It seems to be an obvious omission to me, given this is walkhighlands! Also there is a good chance of bagging a few Tops whilst walking the Munros, and you don't want the effort of starting from scratch and/or going over all your old walk reports to see which Tops you've already done.
amaciejk
Walker

Munros:94   Corbetts:10
Grahams:7   
Sub 2000:5   Hewitts:222
Wainwrights:214   

Re: Munro Tops

Postby JoBaxter76 » Sun Jul 29, 2018 7:01 pm

I wondered this too. I'm new to hillwalking and have no idea if on my way to the top of a munro, I may also have chalked up some smaller hills on the way. Is there something on the site I'm missing?
JoBaxter76
Walker

Munros:11   Corbetts:2
Sub 2000:3   

Postby prog99 » Sun Jul 29, 2018 7:50 pm

The munro tops are hills the height of a munro but not considered the main summit. So I see you've been on Lochnagar, this has the main summit but also 4 subsidiary tops. Ben nevis has two tops, both called carn dearg. Your other two munros have no tops only a main summit.

Your unlikely to accidentally end up on a top instead of the summit but may well pass over one on the way to the main summit.
prog99
Munro compleatist

Postby GillSte » Mon Jul 30, 2018 7:18 pm

Every list you could ever want is on hill-bagging.co.uk, including the Tops. But be careful, it's a bit addictive, you might end up bagging all the Marilyns too!
GillSte
Mountain Walker

Munros:282   Corbetts:222
Grahams:105   Donalds:34
Sub 2000:354   Hewitts:222
Wainwrights:107   

Walkhighlands community forum is now advert free

We need help to keep the site online.
Can you help support Walkhighlands and the online community by setting up a monthly donation by direct debit?

Return to Walkhighlands announcements and feedback