walkhighlands

Read other users walk reports for the long distance trails - and add your own.

NB. This board is for reports on multi-day long distance routes - reports on simply long walks should be added to the standard boards.
Warning Please note that hillwalking when there is snow lying requires an ice-axe, crampons and the knowledge, experience and skill to use them correctly. Summer routes may not be viable or appropriate in winter. See winter information on our skills and safety pages for more information.

SNT from Dornie

SNT from Dornie

Postby Malkie » Sun Jul 29, 2018 7:55 pm

Route description: Scottish National Trail

Date walked: 17/07/2018

Time taken: 17 days

Distance: 244 km

2 people think this report is great.
Register or Login
free to be able to rate and comment on reports (as well as access 1:25000 mapping).

Glen.JPG
I returned to Dornie to finish the SNT and as it was wet and windy i stated in a B&B.In the morning istarted the walk through to Glen Elchaig and it was hard going as the path went through a lot of woods I finally got toCames-Luinie and i had my tea.I walked along the Glen and i found aplace to camp at the side of the trail and the midges came out in force and i had to put on my net i got the tent up and got in ti smartly.
Day 2 there were no midges in the morning so i had a quick breakfast and headed for Maol-bhuidhe followed the track and it started to climb up a hil and i knew that i was wrong but i kept on going and it was wet and windy and hailstanes as well i stopped to have a meal and carried on i saw this white house in the distance so i headed for it and it turned out it was the bothy so i was really lucky another chap turned up and he was from Glasgow we had a nice chat and he was amazed when he found out i was eighty four and walking the trail carrying a big pack.D 3 I left the Bothy first and when i was crossing the river i lost one of my poles.I headed for Gerries Hostel but i had to camp on the Bealach Bhearnias.D4 In the morning i started out for the hostel.It was a good walk and crossing the river was easy as it was so low.I got to the hostel early and settled in.D5 I left the hostel and after a short walk along the road i took the path over to Coulin and past Loch Clair to Kinlochewe and i stayed in the hostel again.D6 I left the hostel in the morning walked up the Glen the new roads that they have made are terrible and hard on the feet i walked up to Lochan Fada over to Dundonnel and i decided to go to Ullapool and i went to Tescos to stock up then i found a B&B and as it was early i just walked around as it was lovely wearher.
Malkie
Mountaineer

Munros:18   Corbetts:2
Fionas:5   Donalds:3
Sub 2000:16   Hewitts:4
Wainwrights:3   

2 people think this report is great.
Register or Login
free to be able to rate and comment on reports (as well as access 1:25000 mapping).

Can you help support Walkhighlands?

Our forum is free from adverts - your generosity keeps it running.
Can you help support Walkhighlands and this community by donating by direct debit?

Return to Walk reports - Long Distance routes