walkhighlands

Read other users walk reports for the long distance trails - and add your own.

NB. This board is for reports on multi-day long distance routes - reports on simply long walks should be added to the standard boards.
Warning Please note that hillwalking when there is snow lying requires an ice-axe, crampons and the knowledge, experience and skill to use them correctly. Summer routes may not be viable or appropriate in winter. See winter information on our skills and safety pages for more information.

Video: Coastal Path in 2 days with wild camp

Video: Coastal Path in 2 days with wild camp

Postby Hounds of Howgate » Mon Jul 30, 2018 1:47 pm

Route description: Berwickshire Coastal Path

Date walked: 14/07/2018

Time taken: 2 days

Distance: 48 km

11 people think this report is great.
Register or Login
free to be able to rate and comment on reports (as well as access 1:25000 mapping).

Hello everyone!

I made a couple of videos while walking the Berwickshire Coastal Path over 2 days with a wild camp on Saturday night.

During day 1, starting on Saturday morning, we walk from the start at Cockburnspath to St. Abbs. Pushing a little further on we set up camp next to a river for the night.

On day 2 we walk from our campsite just past St. Abbs to Eyemouth and them continue on to the finish at Berwick upon Tweed. Calamity follows when I fall asleep on the bus back and miss my stop!

Hounds of Howgate
Scrambler

Re: Video: Coastal Path in 2 days with wild camp

Postby bargee » Fri Sep 14, 2018 7:06 am

Looks a good walk, thanks for the report, i like the look of the coast there when i finished the southern upland way, so good to see it again though it looked a little warm for walking.
bargee
Mountaineer

Munros:9   Corbetts:2
Fionas:2   Donalds:3
Sub 2000:2   Hewitts:77
Wainwrights:108   Islands:19

Postby jembo1963 » Thu Jun 29, 2023 1:43 am

Good to see part of the next stretch I plan to do: Eyemouth to near Dowlaw. I was thinking of doing a circular walk out of St Abbs and returning along the loch you show. On reflection I might come back by the old postal road into Coldingham to investigate that more.
I found the constant up and down along the coast a bit much in hot weather and kept missing the route especially between East Mains farm and Dowlaw. I ended up going downhill through the ferns but retraced my steps back to the road. It has become terribly overgrown since the pandemic and the thistles pierce light trousers. The signage could be better in places.
The final section from Eyemouth into Berwick was easier. Knowing I had to get to the train station, I cut short the walk after the first lot of caravans. The road comes up by the Castle Hotel, which has a nice bar. I’ve walked around Berwick enough at various stages of my life.
jembo1963
Mountaineer

Postby SuperMillie » Fri Jun 30, 2023 12:25 pm

Whatever happened to John and Moss?

His banter was legendary..
SuperMillie
Munro compleatist

Munros:108   Corbetts:1
Fionas:3   Donalds:5
Sub 2000:9   
Islands:12

11 people think this report is great.
Register or Login
free to be able to rate and comment on reports (as well as access 1:25000 mapping).

Can you help support Walkhighlands?

Our forum is free from adverts - your generosity keeps it running.
Can you help support Walkhighlands and this community by donating by direct debit?

Return to Walk reports - Long Distance routes