walkhighlands

Share your personal walking route experiences in Scotland, and comment on other peoples' reports.
Warning Please note that hillwalking when there is snow lying requires an ice-axe, crampons and the knowledge, experience and skill to use them correctly. Summer routes may not be viable or appropriate in winter. See winter information on our skills and safety pages for more information.

Meall a' Bhuachaille

Meall a' Bhuachaille

Postby DaveH82 » Thu Aug 09, 2018 8:40 pm

Route description: Meall a' Bhuachaille circuit, Glenmore

Corbetts included on this walk: Meall a' Bhuachaille

Date walked: 09/08/2018

Time taken: 1.35 hours

Distance: 8.87 km

Ascent: 587m

Register or Login
free to be able to rate and comment on reports (as well as access 1:25000 mapping).

Staying in Coylumbridge so got up at 4.30, ran the WH circular route with excellant views with sunrise. Sat at the top watching sunrise for a bit then turned to head down and the view of the mountains shadow stretched across the valley was incredible. Took about 10 minutes to descend and get back to the car, then did 30 minutes in the hotel gym and headed back to my room, where I dozed for an hour then woke up with the family, it felt like it had all been a dream apart from my aching legs which continued to stiffen up as the day went on.
DaveH82
Mountain Walker

Munros:183   Corbetts:15
Fionas:3   Donalds:1
Sub 2000:25   Hewitts:1
Islands:3

Register or Login
free to be able to rate and comment on reports (as well as access 1:25000 mapping).

Can you help support Walkhighlands?

Our forum is free from adverts - your generosity keeps it running.
Can you help support Walkhighlands and this community by donating by direct debit?

Return to Walk reports - Scotland