walkhighlands

Share your personal walking route experiences in Scotland, and comment on other peoples' reports.
Warning Please note that hillwalking when there is snow lying requires an ice-axe, crampons and the knowledge, experience and skill to use them correctly. Summer routes may not be viable or appropriate in winter. See winter information on our skills and safety pages for more information.

Misty Moruisg

Misty Moruisg

Postby Coop » Tue Aug 14, 2018 9:35 pm

Route description: Moruisg and Sgùrr nan Ceannaichean

Munros included on this walk: Moruisg

Corbetts included on this walk: Meall a' Bhuachaille

Date walked: 14/08/2018

Time taken: 5.25 hours

Distance: 12.5 km

Register or Login
free to be able to rate and comment on reports (as well as access 1:25000 mapping).

Done the Munro and Corbett double today. But not the one by the book.
Mist and rain and wind forecast. Forecaster was right.
Visibility down to about 500m.
Pretty boggy most of the way to the summit today.
Had to remember the big cairn wasn't the summit so I turned right at it and set off with the rain in my face for about 200m to the wee cairn.
No point going on says me. Back down the way I came up.
Hadn't seen a thing in 2 days.
Also when I went up Sgurr Choinnic yesterday I noticed a good path leading up to the Corbett. Zig zag most of the way up. Someone in Harry's last night saud it was a pony trail that had been "cut in " for them. Handy for future reference in case I do go back for the demoted Munro.
With a day still to play with I decided to go over to Aviemore. Hostel not open till 5 so I wandered up Meall A'bhuacallie- and had fantastic views across the cairngorm range. It really is a fantastic viewpoint from up there.

To the lad who I met in Harry's and whom I also met again on Moruisg- I hope I didn't dampen your spirit when I said the 2nd " Munro " had been demoted.
Hope you got round ok in that weather.

Cheers
Coop
Munro compleatist

Munros:78   Corbetts:123
Fionas:68   Donalds:55+17
Sub 2000:14   Hewitts:43
Wainwrights:69   Islands:14
Walk wish-list

Register or Login
free to be able to rate and comment on reports (as well as access 1:25000 mapping).

Can you help support Walkhighlands?

Our forum is free from adverts - your generosity keeps it running.
Can you help support Walkhighlands and this community by donating by direct debit?

Return to Walk reports - Scotland