walkhighlands

This board is for meeting up, whether it means arranging group walking trips, or just looking for a partner for your next walk or sharing a lift. There is also a club directory.
Warning Feel free to use this board to arrange to meet up with other walkers, either individually or for a particular walk, or for a larger get together over a weekend. The usual precautions are advised when arranging to meet individuals you have not previously met.

Please note that meetups are NOT arranged by Walkhighlands and everyone who arranges to meet for a walk using this board is responsible for their own safety. Please ensure you do not attempt a walk beyond your own abilities.

Walking companion sought

Walking companion sought

Postby RoseH » Wed Sep 12, 2018 2:42 pm

Hi, my name is Rose, I am a young 69 yrs old and live in Glasgow.
I am looking for a walking companion, of a similar age.
I have transport and am available for walks most weekends or even some weekdays.
I have lots of experience climbing the hills and would love to get back out to them.
RoseH
Mountaineer

Re: Walking companion sought

Postby HalfManHalfTitanium » Fri Sep 14, 2018 7:10 am

Hi Rose

I'd love to walk with you - but I'm based in Birmingham! I visit the Highlands as often as I can, sadly not nearly as often as I'd like.

But do feel free to keep in touch with me on here, it would be lovely to hear from you. You can send direct messages (click on account settings, then, under User Control Panel, there is a tab "private messages".

You may also want to try the "Say Hello" section of this site. I think more people look at it than at this "meeting up" section, which is used more for specific dates and walks.

Happy walking - and it would be great to hear from you.

Tim
HalfManHalfTitanium
Mountain Walker

Munros:119   Corbetts:28
Fionas:6   Donalds:6
Hewitts:152
Wainwrights:103   

Postby kevsbald » Mon Sep 24, 2018 7:44 pm

Hi Rose,

I'm based in Bearsden and am 43. Happy to have company in the hills with most like-minded folk.
Next out 3rd October.

Kevin
kevsbald
Munro compleatist

Munros:273   Corbetts:134
Fionas:82   Donalds:53
Sub 2000:17   Hewitts:17
Wainwrights:29   

Postby Dottie001 » Tue Oct 23, 2018 7:59 pm

Hi Rose,
I’m 58 and based in West Lothian. I try to get out on the hills as often as possible - let me know if you’d like to join me??
Dorothy
Dottie001
Stravaiging

Munros:192   
Sub 2000:434   

Can you help support Walkhighlands?

Our forum is free from adverts - your generosity keeps it running.
Can you help support Walkhighlands and this community by donating by direct debit?

Return to Meeting up, arranging trips and walking clubs