walkhighlands

This board is for meeting up, whether it means arranging group walking trips, or just looking for a partner for your next walk or sharing a lift. There is also a club directory.
Warning Feel free to use this board to arrange to meet up with other walkers, either individually or for a particular walk, or for a larger get together over a weekend. The usual precautions are advised when arranging to meet individuals you have not previously met.

Please note that meetups are NOT arranged by Walkhighlands and everyone who arranges to meet for a walk using this board is responsible for their own safety. Please ensure you do not attempt a walk beyond your own abilities.

Trips from Edinburgh

Trips from Edinburgh

Postby Davee » Sun Aug 26, 2018 9:50 pm

Hi all,

I'm based in Edinburgh, and I'm trying to make it up a reasonable hill every weekend, usually early on a Saturday. I would appreciate some company if anyone's interested in a trip - the 150-200 mile round trip in addition to the walking is not the most motivational when I do it myself. For the same reason, it's kind of put me off the further hills/photo opportunities.

Anyone interested in either sharing the petrol costs or alternating driving? Let me know.
Davee
Scrambler

Re: Trips from Edinburgh

Postby Hillbeback » Wed Aug 29, 2018 2:29 pm

Hi Davee,

I live in Falkirk and may be interested in going to do a walk with you. Perhaps you could private message me for more details.

Thanks
Moira
Hillbeback

Munros:67   Corbetts:6
Fionas:4   Donalds:4
Sub 2000:4   

Postby thomsok » Thu Sep 20, 2018 9:31 pm

Hi,

I live in Dunfermline and always interested in arranging a walk or two!

Kelvin
thomsok
Mountain Walker

Munros:176   Corbetts:6
Fionas:3   Donalds:4
Sub 2000:13   Hewitts:3
Wainwrights:2   Islands:28

Postby SwaleyP » Mon Dec 10, 2018 3:24 am

Please PM me or email me at swales_p@yahoo.co.uk

Would be interested in sharing the driving.. I'm available alternate weekends and would be happy on Sunday's as well..

Cheers
Pete

Bonnyrigg
SwaleyP
Mountain Walker

Munros:282   Corbetts:1
Sub 2000:4   Hewitts:5
Wainwrights:1   

Postby sunshine65 » Sun Dec 16, 2018 9:14 pm

Will start back in April 19 only got 4 left to do but in January start training in the Pentlands and am happy to walk with you to get fit for a great year ahead
sunshine65
Mountaineer

Munros:282   Corbetts:25
Fionas:1   
Sub 2000:12   

Can you help support Walkhighlands?

Our forum is free from adverts - your generosity keeps it running.
Can you help support Walkhighlands and this community by donating by direct debit?

Return to Meeting up, arranging trips and walking clubs