walkhighlands

Share your personal walking route experiences in Scotland, and comment on other peoples' reports.
Warning Please note that hillwalking when there is snow lying requires an ice-axe, crampons and the knowledge, experience and skill to use them correctly. Summer routes may not be viable or appropriate in winter. See winter information on our skills and safety pages for more information.

Marathon & more: Fisherfield 6 in 1 day from Corrie Hallie

Marathon & more: Fisherfield 6 in 1 day from Corrie Hallie

by zatapathique » Sun Jul 22, 2018 8:09 pm

Route description: Fisherfield 6, from Shenavall

Munros included on this walk: A' Mhaighdean, Beinn Tarsuinn, Mullach Coire Mhic Fhearchair, Ruadh Stac Mòr, Sgùrr Bàn

Corbetts included on this walk: Beinn a' Chlaidheimh

Date walked: 28/05/2018

Time taken: 22.25 hours

Distance: 43.6 km

Ascent: 2660m

Click to mark this as a great report. Register or Login
free to be able to rate and comment on reports (as well as access 1:25000 mapping).

Re: Marathon & more: Fisherfield 6 in 1 day from Corrie Hall

Postby mrssanta » Thu Dec 20, 2018 7:48 pm

I also missed it first time round but glad that Mancunian made it pop back up again..

wow! I will definitely NOT be doing this in one day.
mrssanta
Mountain Walker

Munros:281   Corbetts:12
Fionas:3   
Sub 2000:12   Hewitts:43
Wainwrights:41   Islands:13

Postby past my sell by date » Fri Dec 21, 2018 7:23 pm

Great report walk and pics, but I find it really sad that you wanted to rush round these gorgeous hills - especially with such fine weather and short nights :( . Why didn't you bivouac somewhere so you could linger on all the summits? Bivouac gear is so light - mine weighs only just over 1kg :D . Water is a bit of a problem - I found some on the col N of Sgurr Ban - but there are lots of lochans only a short distance below the ridge that you could easily drop down to
past my sell by date
Mountaineer

Munros:282   Corbetts:86
Fionas:27   Donalds:6
Sub 2000:8   Hewitts:146
Wainwrights:159   

Postby zatapathique » Mon Dec 31, 2018 12:41 pm

Mancunian wrote:Was für ein phantastischer Bericht. Da zieh ich mal den Hut vor dieser Leistung! :clap:
But now back to english. Somehow I must have missed your report back in summer when it was published so I reply now. I know all these mountains myself and have been there on 2 occasions and therefore I admire anyone who does the Fisherfield 6 in one go. Just amazing. I'm not sure if I would manage it but probably not. So thanks again for this report from one of my favorite areas in Scotland.

Merry Christmas & Frohe Weihnachten from Germany...

Dankeschön! It really is an exceptionally beautiful part of Scotland. I am very much tempted to climb some of the other hills there, such as Beinn Dearg Bheag and the two Beinn a' Chaisgein.

Guten Rutsch and happy new year from Alsace!
zatapathique
Mountain Walker

Munros:96   Corbetts:4
Hewitts:19
Wainwrights:26   

Postby zatapathique » Mon Dec 31, 2018 12:53 pm

past my sell by date wrote:Great report walk and pics, but I find it really sad that you wanted to rush round these gorgeous hills - especially with such fine weather and short nights :( . Why didn't you bivouac somewhere so you could linger on all the summits? Bivouac gear is so light - mine weighs only just over 1kg :D . Water is a bit of a problem - I found some on the col N of Sgurr Ban - but there are lots of lochans only a short distance below the ridge that you could easily drop down to

To be honest, I'm a bit peculiar when it comes to spending the night outdoors. I very much like to have certain facilities at hand. :wink:

In this particular case however, I really wanted to test my limits and see if I could walk this in one go. I don't do any sports at all except going to the hills a few times a year, so for me this was something really special.

Besides, it certainly was no rush with my snail speed average. :D
This is what I'd call a rush, and a very formidable feat:
F/F it can be done in a day!! by Fife Flyer
zatapathique
Mountain Walker

Munros:96   Corbetts:4
Hewitts:19
Wainwrights:26   

Postby past my sell by date » Mon Dec 31, 2018 1:25 pm

zatapathique wrote:
past my sell by date wrote:Great report walk and pics, but I find it really sad that you wanted to rush round these gorgeous hills - especially with such fine weather and short nights :( . Why didn't you bivouac somewhere so you could linger on all the summits? Bivouac gear is so light - mine weighs only just over 1kg :D . Water is a bit of a problem - I found some on the col N of Sgurr Ban - but there are lots of lochans only a short distance below the ridge that you could easily drop down to

To be honest, I'm a bit peculiar when it comes to spending the night outdoors. I very much like to have certain facilities at hand. :wink:

In this particular case however, I really wanted to test my limits and see if I could walk this in one go. I don't do any sports at all except going to the hills a few times a year, so for me this was something really special.

Besides, it certainly was no rush with my snail speed average. :D
This is what I'd call a rush, and a very formidable feat:
F/F it can be done in a day!! by Fife Flyer

Yes appreciate it's a bit uncomfortable , but survivable for a single night even without a hot drink :( : Done it a couple of times and just think of it as a long walk with a rest in the middle. And walking along a high ridge as the sun is rising is " just about as good as it gets" :D :D :D
past my sell by date
Mountaineer

Postby baggervance » Thu Jan 03, 2019 11:28 pm

Great report - I hate camping so I also done these in a single day in early September (16hrs 40min) with lots of stops for pictures :D :D
baggervance
Munro compleatist

Munros:282   Corbetts:59
Fionas:5   Donalds:7

Postby past my sell by date » Fri Jan 04, 2019 1:48 pm

baggervance wrote:Great report - I hate camping so I also done these in a single day in early September (16hrs 40min) with lots of stops for pictures :D :D

It's nothing to do with camping. just lying down for a rest during the night. if you can do 16 hour days fine, but I can't any more and dawn is definitely the best time on the hills :D
past my sell by date
Mountaineer

30 people think this report is great.
Register or Login
free to be able to rate and comment on reports (as well as access 1:25000 mapping).

Previous

Can you help support Walkhighlands?

Our forum is free from adverts - your generosity keeps it running.
Can you help support Walkhighlands and this community by donating by direct debit?

Return to Walk reports - Scotland