walkhighlands

Share your personal walking route experiences in Scotland, and comment on other peoples' reports.
Warning Please note that hillwalking when there is snow lying requires an ice-axe, crampons and the knowledge, experience and skill to use them correctly. Summer routes may not be viable or appropriate in winter. See winter information on our skills and safety pages for more information.

From euphoria to heartbreak - a walk in Fisherfield

From euphoria to heartbreak - a walk in Fisherfield

by dogplodder » Sat Jan 19, 2019 3:26 pm

Route description: Fisherfield 6, from Shenavall

Munros included on this walk: Beinn Tarsuinn

Date walked: 11/08/2018

Time taken: 10 hours

Distance: 31 km

Click to mark this as a great report. Register or Login
free to be able to rate and comment on reports (as well as access 1:25000 mapping).

Re: From euphoria to heartbreak - a walk in Fisherfield

Postby dogplodder » Thu Jan 31, 2019 11:36 am

EmmaKTunskeen wrote:So sorry to hear about your beautiful girl and what a gorgeous day you had together there.

We had the best day together - painful to think about but a comfort too. :-|
dogplodder

Munros:242   Corbetts:74
Fionas:25   
Sub 2000:32   Hewitts:4
Wainwrights:9   Islands:24

Postby dogplodder » Thu Jan 31, 2019 11:42 am

Beaner001 wrote:Well done on the walk, that's an epic one that :thumbup:

And a fine dog she was. So Sorry for your loss.

Hope the new puppy is giving you hours of fun and joy.

We said at our age we'd never get a puppy! But she's been the ideal distraction for broken hearts and at 6 months is shaping up into a good dog. Still think about Callie every day though and miss her. Will be another year before Keira can tackle hill walks. Hope your two are still doing well. 8)
dogplodder

Postby dogplodder » Thu Jan 31, 2019 11:50 am

goingforawii wrote:So sorry to hear about your loss - tears rolling down my cheeks reading this. At least you had some glorious time and months together.

I dreaded doing it but found in the end it helped to tell the story. Didn't mean to make others sad but guess all who've ever loved a dog would feel it too. :-|
dogplodder

Postby dogplodder » Thu Jan 31, 2019 12:01 pm

Huff_n_Puff wrote:A beautiful and moving tribute to some stunning mountains and a delightful dog - truly heartbreaking but what amazing memories you have of Callie and her time with you both in the family and on the hills.

I'm sorry you didn't get the chance to meet Callie. She'd have been with us on Braebag if she'd not been recuperating from her spay. The day before we lost her Pete and I were agreeing we couldn't have found a better dog. x
dogplodder

Postby shredder » Sun Feb 10, 2019 5:32 pm

What a mixture of triumph and heartbreak in this report. Your new dog did so well on her first Munro and then to lose her like that so cruel. Hopefully with the passage of time things will be easier and you will find another canine companion to take on the hills with you.
shredder
Walker

Munros:7   Corbetts:1
Sub 2000:1   
Islands:22

Postby dogplodder » Sat Feb 23, 2019 6:26 pm

shredder wrote:What a mixture of triumph and heartbreak in this report. Your new dog did so well on her first Munro and then to lose her like that so cruel. Hopefully with the passage of time things will be easier and you will find another canine companion to take on the hills with you.

Thanks shredder. We're training up a pup now and hopefully by this time next year she'll ready for the hills. But I'll not forget Callie who was one in a million. 8)
dogplodder

Postby spiderwebb » Sun Feb 24, 2019 4:39 pm

Wonderful first outing into a beautiful area, and more touching and memorable of the walk with your girl. So sorry to hear this, no words can help :(
spiderwebb
Munro compleatist

Munros:97   Corbetts:15
Fionas:3   Donalds:1
Hewitts:108
Wainwrights:68   

Postby dogplodder » Sat Mar 30, 2019 7:22 pm

spiderwebb wrote:Wonderful first outing into a beautiful area, and more touching and memorable of the walk with your girl. So sorry to hear this, no words can help :(

Thanks SW, I know what you mean, but time (to some extent) is a great healer and I can now bear to write up some of the earlier walks I did with her. But still miss her.
dogplodder

27 people think this report is great.
Register or Login
free to be able to rate and comment on reports (as well as access 1:25000 mapping).

Previous

Can you help support Walkhighlands?

Our forum is free from adverts - your generosity keeps it running.
Can you help support Walkhighlands and this community by donating by direct debit?

Return to Walk reports - Scotland