walkhighlands

Read other users walk reports for the long distance trails - and add your own.

NB. This board is for reports on multi-day long distance routes - reports on simply long walks should be added to the standard boards.
Warning Please note that hillwalking when there is snow lying requires an ice-axe, crampons and the knowledge, experience and skill to use them correctly. Summer routes may not be viable or appropriate in winter. See winter information on our skills and safety pages for more information.

Out The Front Door (a 500km walk to Cape Wrath)

Out The Front Door (a 500km walk to Cape Wrath)

by Justalittlefurther » Mon Aug 13, 2018 3:37 pm

Route description: Cape Wrath Trail

Date walked: 11/07/2018

Time taken: 22 days

Distance: 506 km

Click to mark this as a great report. Register or Login
free to be able to rate and comment on reports (as well as access 1:25000 mapping).

Re: Out The Front Door (a 500km walk to Cape Wrath)

Postby kilgunas » Sat Jun 01, 2019 10:11 pm

Hi there. Thanks for the report! Sorry if I missed any advice about maps, as I have a map question. Do you recommend bringing Explorer maps? I'm doing the Ullapool to Cape Wrath section. I have a compass and a Harvey map, and that appears like it'll be good enough, since it (mostly) seems like a straightforward route. What do you advise? Thanks! -Ken
kilgunas

31 people think this report is great.
Register or Login
free to be able to rate and comment on reports (as well as access 1:25000 mapping).

Previous

Can you help support Walkhighlands?

Our forum is free from adverts - your generosity keeps it running.
Can you help support Walkhighlands and this community by donating by direct debit?

Return to Walk reports - Long Distance routes