walkhighlands

Share your personal walking route experiences in Scotland, and comment on other peoples' reports.
Warning Please note that hillwalking when there is snow lying requires an ice-axe, crampons and the knowledge, experience and skill to use them correctly. Summer routes may not be viable or appropriate in winter. See winter information on our skills and safety pages for more information.

Great views, but poor walk

Great views, but poor walk

Postby CraigCampbell » Wed Jun 19, 2019 11:17 pm

Route description: Sgòr Gaoith, from Glen Feshie

Munros included on this walk: Sgòr Gaoith

Date walked: 19/06/2019

Time taken: 5 hours

Distance: 14 km

Register or Login
free to be able to rate and comment on reports (as well as access 1:25000 mapping).

The view from the top of Sgor Gaoith was fantastic, but the route to get to and from it was poor. In retrospect, i wish that i'd stayed on the path to the Coll and walked back, rather than come off the path and scrambled up an unmarked route on the hill. Similarly, the drop down from Geal Charn was very unpleasant. Very steep and rocky. I wish i had just retraced my steps, rather than do the loop. There were no other Munros in loop anyway. I was continually on a nice path then leaving it.
CraigCampbell
Walker

Munros:209   Corbetts:1
Fionas:2   Donalds:1
Hewitts:1
Wainwrights:1   

Re: Great views, but poor walk

Postby gaffr » Thu Jun 20, 2019 7:22 am

Hello...As a Munro compleatest can I ask what route you took when you did SG on your first round? There are several routes that folks use to get there including if you look at a map a route that would include another Munro.
gaffr
Munro compleatist

Munros:281   Corbetts:203
Fionas:33   Donalds:14
Sub 2000:11   Hewitts:25
Wainwrights:11   Islands:17

Register or Login
free to be able to rate and comment on reports (as well as access 1:25000 mapping).

Can you help support Walkhighlands?

Our forum is free from adverts - your generosity keeps it running.
Can you help support Walkhighlands and this community by donating by direct debit?

Return to Walk reports - Scotland