walkhighlands

This board helps you to share your walking route experiences in England and Wales... or overseas.
Warning Please note that hillwalking when there is snow lying requires an ice-axe, crampons and the knowledge, experience and skill to use them correctly. Summer routes may not be viable or appropriate in winter. See winter information on our skills and safety pages for more information.

MacGillicuddy Reeks

MacGillicuddy Reeks

by mountainsofscotland » Mon Jul 20, 2015 11:51 am

Date walked: 20/07/2015

Time taken: 9.1

Distance: 16.4 km

Ascent: 1800m

Click to mark this as a great report. Register or Login
free to be able to rate and comment on reports (as well as access 1:25000 mapping).

Re: MacGillicuddy Reeks

Postby ChrisW » Mon Aug 03, 2015 2:05 am

I'm playing catch up with reports following holidays, glad I got started and didn't miss this one. Wonderful scenery captured perfectly on what looks like a really great hike. :clap:
ChrisW
Rambler

Munros:18   Corbetts:5
Fionas:3   
Sub 2000:6   

Postby nilnilx » Thu Jul 25, 2019 10:55 am

This report is still amazing five years on! Wish weather would be good for me to try this beautiful route later.
nilnilx
Mountaineer

Postby mattcymru » Tue Jul 30, 2019 11:55 pm

Looks very much like Snowdonia. very impressive. doubt ill ever get there tho...
mattcymru
Bird-watcher

Hewitts:6

Postby SunnyAdventure » Mon Oct 19, 2020 12:43 pm

mountainsofscotland wrote:Report removed.

Hello
just about to read your report and realised been removed, I wonder if you still have a copy of the report could PM me?

Thank you

Sunny
SunnyAdventure
Rock-climber

Munros:52   Corbetts:222
Fionas:219   Donalds:89
Sub 2000:8   Hewitts:32
Wainwrights:15   Islands:10

Postby Jim777 » Tue Oct 27, 2020 3:13 pm

I posted a few reports back in May / June of 2018 on when I’d been over in Eire in 2012. They’re in the Outside Scotland section. There’s the Hags Glen Circuit from Cruach Mhor round to Beenkeragh, Brandon Mountain, The Glencoaghan Horseshoe otherwise known as the Twelve Bens or Pins, Mweelrea, Hungry Hill and Purple Mountain. O.k. most of the hills aren’t of Munro height but there is some absolutely tremendous walking to be had. Think of the West coast of Eire as being like the West coast of Scotland, including the midges. I would recommend to anyone take a week or two as I did on that occasion to allow for rainy days and thoroughly enjoy yourself. The Guinness is good as well.
Jim777
Mountain Walker

Postby Sgurr » Tue Oct 27, 2020 3:31 pm

SunnyAdventure wrote:

Hello
just about to read your report and realised been removed, I wonder if you still have a copy of the report could PM me?

Thank you

Sunny

It's probably on his blog .A great shame he removed it, as not everyone wants to go hunting round the internet. I used to have the address, but think he has changed it.
Sgurr
Munro compleatist

Munros:282   Corbetts:222
Fionas:219   Donalds:89+52
Sub 2000:569   Hewitts:172
Wainwrights:214   Islands:58

Postby litljortindan » Wed Oct 28, 2020 9:10 pm

Sgurr wrote:
SunnyAdventure wrote:

Hello

Thank you

Sunny

It's probably on his blog .A great shame he removed it, as not everyone wants to go hunting round the internet. I used to have the address, but think he has changed it.

https://www.mountainsofscotland.co.uk/TripReports/20150719.htm
litljortindan
Ambler

Munros:153   Corbetts:67
Fionas:29   Donalds:1
Sub 2000:47   Hewitts:12
Wainwrights:10   

Postby Sunset tripper » Fri Nov 13, 2020 9:18 pm

Sgurr wrote:It's probably on his blog .A great shame he removed it, as not everyone wants to go hunting round the internet. I used to have the address, but think he has changed it.

It seems he has removed all of his reports. - looks like he has gone in the cream puff about something. Yes a shame, he had some good reports on here. :(
Sunset tripper

Register or Login
free to be able to rate and comment on reports (as well as access 1:25000 mapping).

Previous

Can you help support Walkhighlands?

Our forum is free from adverts - your generosity keeps it running.
Can you help support Walkhighlands and this community by donating by direct debit?

Return to Walk reports - Outside Scotland