walkhighlands

This board is for meeting up, whether it means arranging group walking trips, or just looking for a partner for your next walk or sharing a lift. There is also a club directory.
Warning Feel free to use this board to arrange to meet up with other walkers, either individually or for a particular walk, or for a larger get together over a weekend. The usual precautions are advised when arranging to meet individuals you have not previously met.

Please note that meetups are NOT arranged by Walkhighlands and everyone who arranges to meet for a walk using this board is responsible for their own safety. Please ensure you do not attempt a walk beyond your own abilities.

Hill Walking Club - Argyll

Hill Walking Club - Argyll

Postby locket22 » Mon Sep 13, 2010 9:26 pm

Hi Guys

Been searching for a hillwalking club in or round about Oban/Argyll. The Oban Mountaineering Club Site is off line.... any ideas who to contact?
locket22
Munro compleatist

Munros:60   Corbetts:1

Re: Hill Walking Club - Argyll

Postby MarkD » Tue Sep 14, 2010 9:34 am

http://www.mcofs.org.uk/home.asp

http://www.mcofs.org.uk/clubs-list.asp (for argyle & bute)

------
The Oban MC also has a link there so may or may not prove fruitful from what you have already indicated. Hope this helps. Im planning a walk on Thursday or Friday of this week (weather permitting) from Lochgoilhead over the Cowal way to The Brack then back to Cnoc Coinnich, Bein Reithe, The Saddle and finishing at Clach Bheinn with a return walk along the forest path to the start.

Anyway good luck, but there is always someone looking in who may live closer to you.
MarkD
Ambler

Munros:15   Corbetts:4
Fionas:9   Donalds:1
Sub 2000:5   

Postby pennster » Mon Apr 11, 2011 10:10 pm

Locket22,

Hi, did you have any luck finding out about a hillwalking club around Oban/ Argyll? I'm also looking for a club in the area and hadn't managed to track down a contact for the Oban club...

Thanks!
pennster

Postby Les Stuart » Sun Apr 17, 2011 5:50 pm

locket22 wrote:Hi Guys
Hi there is the Nevis hillwalking club based in Lochaber. There are about 5 or 6 members already based in Oban who regularly do the weekly club walks. www.nevishillwalkers.org.uk
Been searching for a hillwalking club in or round about Oban/Argyll. The Oban Mountaineering Club Site is off line.... any ideas who to contact?
Les Stuart

Munros:226   Corbetts:6

Postby pennster » Tue May 03, 2011 9:47 pm

Thanks for the info Les - had already looked into the Nevis Hillwalkers - but apparently they don't allow dogs on their walks?? (so says the website) And where I go, two collies are sure to follow... Back to the drawing board maybe, sigh...
pennster

Postby fionastewart » Tue May 10, 2011 10:23 pm

Hi Guys, Yes there is an Oban Mountaineering Club, I am the Secretary and if you want any details message me here and I will give you an Oban contact for our Day Meets or and Weekend Meets.
Our web site is being updated at the moment and we hope to have it up and running soon.
Our Club members hill walk, climb, cycle, ski and kayak.
One of our Members picked your messages and emailed the link.
Good to hear from you ----- Fiona
fionastewart
Munro compleatist

Postby hannahboaden » Fri Oct 11, 2019 7:36 am

fionastewart wrote:Hi Guys, Yes there is an Oban Mountaineering Club, I am the Secretary and if you want any details message me here and I will give you an Oban contact for our Day Meets or and Weekend Meets.
Our web site is being updated at the moment and we hope to have it up and running soon.
Our Club members hill walk, climb, cycle, ski and kayak.
One of our Members picked your messages and emailed the link.
Good to hear from you ----- Fiona

Many years later... I have also joined roughly this area, and wondered if the group in Oban (or surrounding area) is still contactable? I have only found links that do not work at the moment.
hannahboaden
Munro compleatist

Postby Caberfeidh » Sat Oct 12, 2019 9:42 am

There's the Argyll Mountaineering Club based in Dunoon, email this person: valphillips8@gmail.com They also have a facebook page https://www.facebook.com/groups/140561916063834/

https://www.mountaineering.scot/find-a-club
Caberfeidh
Stravaiging

Can you help support Walkhighlands?

Our forum is free from adverts - your generosity keeps it running.
Can you help support Walkhighlands and this community by donating by direct debit?

Return to Meeting up, arranging trips and walking clubs