walkhighlands

Share your personal walking route experiences in Scotland, and comment on other peoples' reports.
Warning Please note that hillwalking when there is snow lying requires an ice-axe, crampons and the knowledge, experience and skill to use them correctly. Summer routes may not be viable or appropriate in winter. See winter information on our skills and safety pages for more information.

A'Mhaighdean summit camp

A'Mhaighdean summit camp

Postby Silverhill » Sun Oct 20, 2019 11:32 pm

Munros included on this walk: A' Mhaighdean, Ruadh Stac Mòr

Date walked: 21/09/2019

Time taken: 15.5 hours

Distance: 49.8 km

48 people think this report is great.
Register or Login
free to be able to rate and comment on reports (as well as access 1:25000 mapping).

Well hello!
I haven't contributed to the forum for a long time. Moving house, a new job, the usual excuses....
So a report was long overdue and what better occasion to write one than for munro 282!

I never intended to do all the munros when I walked out of the Forestry Commission car park at Rowardennan on my way to Ben Lomond in June 2011. Yet two and a half hours later, when I arrived at the summit, I was hooked. The bug had bitten, and how! Not sure how that happened, given that it was cold, wet and windy, and views were nowhere to be seen.

1 Summit Ben Lomond.JPG
Ben Lomond, June 2011

But really my journey began in 2004 when I visited Scotland for the first time for a three and a half week trek that would take me and two friends from Milngavie to Cape Wrath. This trip left a huge impression. It was wild and remote Knoydart that dunnit. I'd never seen anything like it before and fell in love with Scotland there and then.

Back home something was missing: my heart was still in Scotland.
The year after I moved to the UK, to England. Not quite where I had set out to be, but never mind. Then in 2016 the planets aligned and I finally moved to this bonny country. It only took me 12 years to arrive....

img20190204_20561491.jpg
Knoydart did it

I remember when I first heard about the munros. It was on the Cape Wrath Trail actually, we were staying at a bunkhouse in Killilan and chatting to other walkers. The day before we had walked from Kinloch Hourn to Shiel Bridge. The other walkers asked whether we had done The Saddle. 'What is the saddle?' 'It's a munro.' 'What is a munro?' 'It's a hill.' 'Oh.'
Back home I looked up what munros were and found out that going up them apparently is a thing. Being into long-distance walking, I did not understand this. Why would you walk up a hill just for the sake of it? Glens are equally nice if not nicer. And there is so much to see and discover when wandering through a landscape. Why limit yourself to a hill? Besides, climbing hills is for the select few, people with the right gear, ropes and so on, not for me with my walking boots and tent, I used to think. Without me realising it, a seed had been planted, but in the mean time I continued exploring and enjoying the Scottish glens.

When in 2011 I was looking for a reason to go to Scotland again, I somehow remembered the munros and decided to try a few. Well, we know how that ended, that was me sorted for my summer holidays for the next eight years!
The first six years were a bit manic in retrospect: cramming in as many munros as possible over a two week period. Obsessed, me? Not at all! :crazy: Consequently, the remaining fifty weeks of the year were spent pining for Scotland. I only remained sane thanks to your trip reports on here and by poring over maps and making plans for the summer after. Below is a bit from my blog, about how I managed to survive the eleven months after my first munro holiday. It was written as a bit of a joke, but it was not that far from the truth :shifty:

July 2011: give up fighting withdrawal symptoms and surrender to munro bug.
August 2011: identify munros to be climbed in 2012.
September 2011: purchase required maps.
October 2011: research, analyse and dissect routes in Munro Bible and on Walkhighlands.
November 2011: concoct insane plans of combining as many munros as possible in one day.
December 2011: reject insane plans of combining as many munros as possible in one day.
January 2012: work out sensible plan de campagne.
February 2012: mark maps, upload routes and waypoints onto GPS.
March 2012: revisit insane plans of combining as many munros as possible in one day. Upload alternative routes and waypoints onto GPS (just in case).
April 2012: hire car, book accommodation, check gear, pack. Ready to go!
May 2012: count down weeks, days, hours until holiday

Since moving to Scotland I have definitely slowed down. How good is it to be able to take a day off when the weather is nice and do a munro; to explore Scotland in all seasons; and to do some hill walking in winter? Very good!

Walking in winter.jpg
Walking in winter

With a few exceptions I have done the munros on my own. I like other people's company very much, but I'm not afraid of my own company either. When walking solo it is easier to be 'on the way' and soak up all the impressions.
It also tests your decision making and gives instant feedback about your skills. When things go well it is a great boost for confidence. When things go pear shaped it is not so great, but you'll have to sort it and hence you'll learn fast. Also, the few occasions when things went wrong definitely increased my (already healthy) respect for the hills, which is never a bad thing.

136.JPG
Navigating out of a tricky situation (Sgor an Lochain Uaine, June 2015)

Yet, the thing I love most about walking on my own is meeting random people from all walks of life on the way and having a chat with them. I probably won't see them again, I have forgotten their names, but I will remember meeting them and that it made me feel part of this wonderful community of lovers of the outdoors.

056.JPG
Enjoying the views in companionable silence with strangers (Mullach nan Dheiragain, June 2016)

It would of course have been very fitting to finish my munro adventures in Knoydart. Returning to where it started for me back in 2004. Revisiting this wild land, which is the reason I now live in Scotland. Closing this symbolic circle. It was very tempting.
In a way it seemed too finite though. I like to look ahead. So I looked North to the great wilderness that is the Fisherfield Forest, to The Maiden, who was whispering promises of a long walk in, a summit camp and fantastic views.

But I was being unfaithful to Knoydart it seemed, and these hills took their revenge last November: I slipped when coming down Luinne Bheinn, badly sprained my ankle and as a result had to camp on Mam Barrisdale in a gale. Getting down to the col was interesting to say the least. The terrain is challenging enough without having a gammy ankle. I limped back to Inverie the next day, tail firmly between the legs. And then there was the drive home. Clutch control was not great.

062c.jpg
Pure wilderness. A moment of bliss before it all went pear shaped (Luinne Bheinn, November 2018)

So the already slim chance of compleating in 2018 was reduced to zero and any plans for winter hill walking had to be shelved.

With unfinished business in Knoydart, I returned for Ladhar Bheinn this June, albeit with some trepidation. But it seemed I had (almost) been forgiven for my betrayal. I just got roasted and eaten alive by midges :lol:

And then there were only two.

21/9/19
Ruadh Stac Mor, A'Mhaighdean
49.8km, 15 hrs 30min

Obsessive compulsive weather forecast watching had been going on from the end of June onwards. But sadly nice weather up North seemed to coincide with weekends when I had other commitments. Arrgghh!
Finally some weather that hadn't been looking great at the beginning of the week improved slowly but surely towards the end of the week.

The walk started in Poolewe. First along the road to Inveran, then continuing to Kernsary on a track. Just beyond Kernsary a helpful sign on the fence tells you where to turn right into the forest for Carnmore.

016.JPG
Helpful sign

Apart from some rather large puddles (and this was after a dry spell) the forest track was fine. The OS map shows a path leaving the track at NG905788, and that had been my intended route. But blue signs asked walkers to stick to the track to reduce further erosion, which I did. Eventually the track became a path which led to the edge of the forest, the real start of the walk. I never spotted the turn off for my intended route by the way.

019.JPG
Gate to the wilderness

I had met 2 people, both on their way back to Poolewe, but now I was on my own.
The long walk in was no hardship at all. The colours were just starting to change from greens to yellows and browns and the warm autumn sun gave everything a golden glow. I was in my element, surrounded by stunning scenery. Putting one foot in front of the other, nobody else around, only accompanied by the wind and the sound of my boots occasionally scraping some rock.

031.JPG
Ruadh Stac Mor and A'Mhaighdean in the distance

040.JPG
Beinn Airigh Charr

Time seemed to move like a concertina. I'd forgotten to take a watch and my phone was in my backpack. When I stopped to top up my water bottles at a footbridge, I'd been walking for more than 3 hours, though it felt like it had only been one hour.

044.JPG
Approaching the causeway

My perception of time might not have been great, but I was very aware of the wind. So far there had been a fair breeze, but as I was going over the causeway the gusts got very strong. The plan to camp on the summit of A'Mhaighdean might not be a good one....

050.JPG
Causeway

057.JPG
A'Mhaighdean

On the way uphill I got chatting with two walkers coming down. One of which had just compleated the munros on A'Mhaighdean! I offered my heartfelt congratulations. They also said that it was much less windy on the summits, which was music to my ears.

061.JPG
Way up

The scale of the Fisherfield Forest is immense. Turning right at the cairn near Lochan Feith Mhic'-illean was like entering an antechamber to the heart of the wilderness. I was getting closer to my destination but wasn't quite there yet.

063.JPG
Beinn a' Chlaidheimh in the distance

065.JPG
Ruadh Stac Mor

The wind was now back with a vengeance and I started looking out for alternative pitches for my tent, should it be too windy on the summit. They were few and far between, and I was not being picky! Trying to make mental notes of their location so I would recognise them was not easy either: at that pointy rock next to the puddle with the big tufts of grass around it. Erm....

For such a remote place the path network really is very good, and I was even more impressed when it turned out there was a path along the boulder strewn flank of Ruadh Stac Mor, leading all the way up to the bealach. After nearly 7 hours of walking and a bit longer to go this was very welcome.

070.JPG
There is a path out there

At the bealach there is a small cairn where a faint path strikes off to the left for Ruadh Stac Mor. Follow the path to the rock wall, turn left along it and the way up will become apparent. Care is needed further up at a steep and eroded section, even more so on the way down. The boulder field is steep but manageable.

075.JPG
Fuar Loch Mor

It was beautiful on the summit of Ruadh Stac Mor. The surrounding hills stood out against the clear sky and the long shadows gave everything in the landscape more definition and depth, even down to the individual rocks and blades of grass on the small summit plateau.

078.JPG
Munro 281

081.JPG
An Teallach and Beinn Dearg Mor

082.JPG
Sgurr Ban, Mullach Coire Mhic Fhearchair, Beinn Tarsuinn

There was one downside, the low blinding sun made the descent a bit trickier. Memories of last November's unfortunate occurrence in Knoydart tried to haunt me, but I managed to dispel any unhelpful thoughts and got down to the bealach safely.

From the bealach a clear path heads onwards and upwards, though I lost it for a short while. To busy looking around. On the way up I met around 15 people in smaller groups coming down. They were heading for their basecamp near Shenavall, so they still had quite a walk ahead of them.

And there was A'Mhaighdean.
No guard of honour, no bells, no whistles, no cheers (nor tears). Just the wilderness and me feeling happy and contented being there. The fact that I had just compleated the munros almost did not matter.

084.JPG
Towards An Teallach

085.JPG
Towards Lochan Fada

086.JPG
THAT view

I could easily have stayed on the summit for much longer. The Maiden had delivered on her promises of a long walk in and fantastic views, but if I wanted that summit camp to happen I really needed to get a move on and find a less windy spot for my tent and pitch it while there was still enough light.
I found a flattish relatively sheltered space behind a low hump at the edge of the grassy slope. With my home for the night ready, I went back to the summit for some more hanging around and watching the sun set.

090.JPG
Home for the night

091.JPG
Sunset

After a while it was getting quite chilly in the wind so I retired to the tent to warm up and have some food. I was just getting comfortable, when I thought I heard a cough or grunt and the sound of something or someone walking past my tent.
I sat still, listening hard if I would hear it again, but it was difficult to make out anything with the flysheet flapping in the wind. I waited for a while and then decided to have a look before my imagination had the chance to run wild.
There were 2 deer, maybe 20 metres away, just standing and looking in my direction. Magic :D

093.JPG
Deer at dusk

Later I got out of the tent again to look at the amazing starry sky. It was mesmerizing.
I managed some sleep despite the wind doing its best to keep me awake all night.
The alarm went off at 5.30am, quite early but it did allow for a bit of snoozing and leisurely packing before sunrise.

096.JPG
Sunrise

101.JPG

104.JPG

102.JPG

099.JPG
Breakfast view

After breakfast I packed up the tent, wandered to the summit to enjoy the views again and vowed that I would return. What a place, just out of this world.

109.JPG

So whilst all the munros have now been 'ticked off', the whole experience has been much more than getting to summits. I have found huge pleasure in just walking. Putting one foot in front of the other and life becoming really simple. Walk, eat, sleep and repeat the next day.
Seeing wildlife, unusual cloud formations, sitting in a sheltered spot and watching the wild weather pass, listening to the silence on a wind free day, taking in desolate landscapes, hearing frozen grass rustle in the wind, feasting my eyes on rich autumn colours.
But also learning to trust my navigation skills; learning that things (tricky river crossing, seemingly impossible rocky ascent/ descent etc) are hardly ever as bad as they seem, and are possible when done carefully and with deliberation; and learning that it is OK to turn back.
And the best thing: discovering that Scotland is getting bigger, the more I get out there.

Simple pleasures.jpg
Simple pleasures

The munros have been a great means to explore some of Scotland's wild places, especially before I came to live here. But I know I've just been scratching the surface. There are vast areas and loads of little pockets I still have to discover.
I'll no doubt do some corbetts, grahams, donalds; revisit munros where I never got the views; revisit munros via a different route; try some scrambling etc. But most importantly I'll just continue getting out there.

Thank you Scotland, you are wonderful.

Ruadh Stac Mor and A Mhaighean.gpx Open full screen  NB: Walkhighlands is not responsible for the accuracy of gpx files in users posts

Silverhill

Munros:282   Corbetts:27
Fionas:8   Donalds:42
Sub 2000:28   

Re: A'Mhaighdean summit camp

Postby rockhopper » Mon Oct 21, 2019 12:35 am

Many congratulations :clap: :clap: A great way to finish - well worth waiting for good weather. Was fairly close by having set off a day before you - was on my way back along Loch na Sealga from the Fisherfield corbetts when you'd be on your way up. Cracking few days of weather. Thanks :)
rockhopper

Munros:282   Corbetts:222
Fionas:136   Donalds:89+20
Sub 2000:16   Hewitts:2
Wainwrights:3   Islands:20

Postby gaffr » Mon Oct 21, 2019 9:35 am

A fine area to finish your journey around all of the big hills and in good weather. I guess that will be itching to get back to the area to visit the three grand Corbetts and beyond :) these will give you more interesting days out. The nearest camp that I have had to yours was at the Fuar Loch Mor.
gaffr
Munro compleatist

Munros:281   Corbetts:203
Fionas:33   Donalds:14
Sub 2000:11   Hewitts:25
Wainwrights:11   Islands:17

Postby Petr Dakota » Mon Oct 21, 2019 10:16 am

Congratulations ! :clap: :clap: :clap: Great area to finish the Munro round ! Good that you had the opportunity to stay there overnight after the no.282 done and powered the moments by all the wilderness around...the connections by all senses...Great ! :thumbup: ...understand your feelings...
End of the one journey to meet them all ( 282 ) and beginning of another endless one to meet the others, repeat them again - always something new and different there in the hills even if doing the same again and again, every time there is unique and very special ! ...and not just by a different weather, conditions or views... 8)
Well done and glad to read from you again :clap:
Keep walking and enjoying the outdoor, there is not limit by any numbers :wink:
Yeah, the early alarm was worthy of the coloured views ! :D 8) :wink:
All the Best !
Petr
Petr Dakota
Mountain Walker

Munros:247   Corbetts:28
Fionas:8   Donalds:4
Sub 2000:3   Hewitts:19
Wainwrights:12   Islands:1

Postby Gordie12 » Mon Oct 21, 2019 10:54 am

Hi Silverhill

Long time no "speak".

Congratulations on 282 and that looked like a brilliant way to finish (the first round).

Working night shifts has curbed my walking for a couple of years (more accurately it's cut my hill walking but not my long distance routes) but I'm due to take early retirement in the next 3 or 4 months so hopefully a lot more time to get out there.

Are you looking to do the Corbetts next or can you just relax and pick and choose your hills depending on mood/weather etc???
Gordie12
Wanderer

Munros:114   Corbetts:65
Fionas:30   Donalds:38+0
Sub 2000:35   Hewitts:37
Wainwrights:32   

Postby weaselmaster » Mon Oct 21, 2019 2:37 pm

That's a lovely story and - to my mind - a perfect way to complete your 282. Such beautiful skies overnight, really a special moment :D
weaselmaster
Hill Bagger

Munros:277   Corbetts:217
Fionas:195   Donalds:73+30
Sub 2000:391   Hewitts:33
Wainwrights:15   Islands:28

Postby mrssanta » Mon Oct 21, 2019 3:18 pm

Oh that was fantastic!
mrssanta
Mountain Walker

Munros:281   Corbetts:12
Fionas:3   
Sub 2000:12   Hewitts:43
Wainwrights:41   Islands:13

Postby Hillbeback » Mon Oct 21, 2019 5:21 pm

Silverhill, many congratulations on completing. Enjoyed reading your report. I was aware that l hadn't seen your name on here for some time. When l posted a walk report in 2015 mentioning my return to walking having recovered from ME to a decent level, you replied. I have been able to continue walking and have added to my tally of Munros completed. Like you, for me it's all about getting out there and enjoying the stunning scenery that Scotland has to offer. Something l thought that l might not be able to ever do again.
Well done :clap: :D :thumbup:
Hillbeback

Munros:67   Corbetts:6
Fionas:4   Donalds:4
Sub 2000:4   

Postby Sgurr » Mon Oct 21, 2019 6:26 pm

Congratulations and congratulations on the report which gives us an idea (if we didn't have an inkling already) of what hill walking can do for someone. I was wondering where precisely you were going to camp on A'Mhaighdean, since having fortuitously landed there again for my 80th birthday, I have quite recent memories of the rocks around the summit. Near enough anyway. https://www.walkhighlands.co.uk/Forum/viewtopic.php?f=9&t=89483. Corbetts are good too.
Sgurr
Munro compleatist

Fionas:219   Donalds:89+52
Sub 2000:569   Hewitts:172
Wainwrights:214   Islands:58

Postby gammy leg walker » Mon Oct 21, 2019 8:13 pm

Congratulations on your compleation and there's not many finer places to finish than The Maiden. I've always looked forward to reading your TRs long may this continue
gammy leg walker
Munro compleatist

Munros:282   Corbetts:7
Fionas:4   Donalds:3+0
Sub 2000:2   
Islands:7
Walk wish-list

Postby Bruno » Mon Oct 21, 2019 9:17 pm

I hope I`ve just read this month`s Webtogs winner. What a beautiful odyssey. The very essence of the munros. :clap: :clap:
Bruno
Mountain Walker

Munros:252   Corbetts:117
Fionas:29   Donalds:17
Sub 2000:5   

Postby Sgurr » Mon Oct 21, 2019 9:19 pm

Bruno wrote:I hope I`ve just read this month`s Webtogs winner. What a beautiful odyssey. The very essence of the munros. :clap: :clap:

Seconded :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:
Sgurr
Munro compleatist

Fionas:219   Donalds:89+52
Sub 2000:569   Hewitts:172
Wainwrights:214   Islands:58

Postby Jaxter » Mon Oct 21, 2019 9:34 pm

oooft those sunrise photos 8)

:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:
Jaxter
Wanderer

Munros:217   Corbetts:141
Fionas:91   Donalds:49+13
Sub 2000:131   Hewitts:69
Wainwrights:81   Islands:35

Postby Alteknacker » Mon Oct 21, 2019 10:00 pm

Difficult to add to what's already been said. Wonderful report, and some cracking pics. Fisherfield is sensational, and the views from a Mhaigdean are truly something else.

I'd noticed that you haven't been around for a while, because I was looking out for any reports from you after reading your superb Mullardoch round report.
Alteknacker
Scrambler

Munros:176   Corbetts:33
Fionas:1   
Hewitts:264
Wainwrights:118   

Postby Silverhill » Mon Oct 21, 2019 11:43 pm

rockhopper wrote:Many congratulations :clap: :clap: A great way to finish - well worth waiting for good weather. Was fairly close by having set off a day before you - was on my way back along Loch na Sealga from the Fisherfield corbetts when you'd be on your way up. Cracking few days of weather. Thanks :)

Thanks rockhopper! Och, we missed each other by a day and 10km or so! The weather was indeed fabulous. I witnessed the sunset that Friday evening from Poolewe, it was beautiful. But you saw it from an even better location 8)

gaffr wrote:A fine area to finish your journey around all of the big hills and in good weather. I guess that will be itching to get back to the area to visit the three grand Corbetts and beyond :) these will give you more interesting days out. The nearest camp that I have had to yours was at the Fuar Loch Mor.

Thanks gaffr! Yes, I can't wait to go back and explore that area a bit more! :D

Petr Dakota wrote:Congratulations ! :clap: :clap: :clap: Great area to finish the Munro round ! Good that you had the opportunity to stay there overnight after the no.282 done and powered the moments by all the wilderness around...the connections by all senses...Great ! :thumbup: ...understand your feelings...
End of the one journey to meet them all ( 282 ) and beginning of another endless one to meet the others, repeat them again - always something new and different there in the hills even if doing the same again and again, every time there is unique and very special ! ...and not just by a different weather, conditions or views... 8)
Well done and glad to read from you again :clap:
Keep walking and enjoying the outdoor, there is not limit by any numbers :wink:
Yeah, the early alarm was worthy of the coloured views ! :D 8) :wink:
All the Best !
Petr

Thanks Petr! I agree there is no end to the journey when you like exploring. There are so many more places I plan to visit. :D

Gordie12 wrote:Hi Silverhill

Long time no "speak".

Congratulations on 282 and that looked like a brilliant way to finish (the first round).

Working night shifts has curbed my walking for a couple of years (more accurately it's cut my hill walking but not my long distance routes) but I'm due to take early retirement in the next 3 or 4 months so hopefully a lot more time to get out there.

Are you looking to do the Corbetts next or can you just relax and pick and choose your hills depending on mood/weather etc???

Thanks Gordie12! This trip was the perfect combination of a long walk and climbing munros. I'll definitely do some corbetts. I quite fancy the pick and choose approach at the moment, but this might change :lol:

weaselmaster wrote:That's a lovely story and - to my mind - a perfect way to complete your 282. Such beautiful skies overnight, really a special moment :D

Aww thanks weaselmaster! It is very special to spend the night on a hill and I plan to do more of this now that I can pick the days with nice weather. :D

mrssanta wrote:Oh that was fantastic!

Thanks mrssanta, glad you enjoyed it!

Hillbeback wrote:Silverhill, many congratulations on completing. Enjoyed reading your report. I was aware that l hadn't seen your name on here for some time. When l posted a walk report in 2015 mentioning my return to walking having recovered from ME to a decent level, you replied. I have been able to continue walking and have added to my tally of Munros completed. Like you, for me it's all about getting out there and enjoying the stunning scenery that Scotland has to offer. Something l thought that l might not be able to ever do again.
Well done :clap: :D :thumbup:

Thanks Hillbeback! I'm so glad that you have been able to continue walking and have added a few more munros to your tally :thumbup: . I agree, it totally is about getting out there whether it involves a hill or not. Though hills have got that that magnet.... I look forward to reading another one of your reports soon!

Sgurr wrote:Congratulations and congratulations on the report which gives us an idea (if we didn't have an inkling already) of what hill walking can do for someone. I was wondering where precisely you were going to camp on A'Mhaighdean, since having fortuitously landed there again for my 80th birthday, I have quite recent memories of the rocks around the summit. Near enough anyway. https://www.walkhighlands.co.uk/Forum/viewtopic.php?f=9&t=89483. Corbetts are good too.

Thanks Sgurr! I will be very pleased if I set foot on A'Mhaighdean again when I'm 80. That is something to aim for, actually, thanks for the inspiration. :D
Yeah I reckoned it would be difficult to find suitable spot on the summit as it is quite pointy, having studied the map and some walk reports beforehand. With it being so windy, I didn't even look for a spot on the summit. I had visions of my tent flying away over Fionn Loch out to the sea and over the western horizon if I tried to pitch it there. :lol:

gammy leg walker wrote:Congratulations on your compleation and there's not many finer places to finish than The Maiden. I've always looked forward to reading your TRs long may this continue

Thanks gammy leg walker, that is very kind. :D

Bruno wrote:I hope I`ve just read this month`s Webtogs winner. What a beautiful odyssey. The very essence of the munros. :clap: :clap:

Thanks Bruno, I enjoyed my journey very much! :D

Jaxter wrote:oooft those sunrise photos 8)

:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

Thanks Jaxter. I couldn't believe my luck, as you can never tell how a sunrise is going to unfold. 8)

Alteknacker wrote:Difficult to add to what's already been said. Wonderful report, and some cracking pics. Fisherfield is sensational, and the views from a Mhaigdean are truly something else.
I'd noticed that you haven't been around for a while, because I was looking out for any reports from you after reading your superb Mullardoch round report.

Thanks Alteknacker! Sorry for the long silence. The Mullardoch report was the last I managed before moving to Scotland and then I got out of the habit of writing reports.
Silverhill

Munros:282   Corbetts:27
Fionas:8   Donalds:42
Sub 2000:28   

48 people think this report is great.
Register or Login
free to be able to rate and comment on reports (as well as access 1:25000 mapping).

Next

Can you help support Walkhighlands?

Our forum is free from adverts - your generosity keeps it running.
Can you help support Walkhighlands and this community by donating by direct debit?

Return to Walk reports - Scotland