walkhighlands

Share your personal walking route experiences in Scotland, and comment on other peoples' reports.
Warning Please note that hillwalking when there is snow lying requires an ice-axe, crampons and the knowledge, experience and skill to use them correctly. Summer routes may not be viable or appropriate in winter. See winter information on our skills and safety pages for more information.

Ben Klibreck in winter.

Ben Klibreck in winter.

Postby elrico » Thu Dec 12, 2019 8:21 pm

Route description: Ben Klibreck

Munros included on this walk: Ben Klibreck

Date walked: 12/12/2019

Time taken: 4 hours

Distance: 14.25 km

1 person thinks this report is great.
Register or Login
free to be able to rate and comment on reports (as well as access 1:25000 mapping).

:D decent walk in winter conditions on top 2/3rds. Bottom still a bit wet and boggy. Route finding fine with good vis all day. Very cold though. Water bottle completely froze on way up. Decent walk but I’ll not repeat if it’s been wet. Up to my hips a couple of times in deep bog.
Attachments
97992A3E-FB7A-41C5-97B5-B3A0DD68DF1A.jpeg
elrico
Stravaiging

Re: Ben Klibreck in winter.

Postby AHillTooFar » Sat Dec 14, 2019 6:13 pm

Hips? Hips!!

Stupidly ended up to my thighs recently wandering onto some of that bright green mossy plants that grows on top of waterlogged ground but if I went up to my hips in that temperatures I would be worried. Waterproofs are do not prevent water going up legs or down over the top.
AHillTooFar
Mountaineer

Munros:29   Corbetts:14
Fionas:4   Donalds:9
Sub 2000:1   

Re: Ben Klibreck in winter.

Postby EmmaKTunskeen » Tue Dec 17, 2019 11:33 am

AHillTooFar wrote:Hips? Hips!!.

:lol: When I've gone up to my hips in snow-covered bog I've had to swim my way out. Glad you're not still stuck there elrico!
EmmaKTunskeen
Mountain Walker

Munros:32   Corbetts:28
Fionas:12   Donalds:14
Sub 2000:4   Hewitts:50
Wainwrights:41   Islands:24

1 person thinks this report is great.
Register or Login
free to be able to rate and comment on reports (as well as access 1:25000 mapping).

Can you help support Walkhighlands?

Our forum is free from adverts - your generosity keeps it running.
Can you help support Walkhighlands and this community by donating by direct debit?

Return to Walk reports - Scotland