walkhighlands

Have you lost or found some gear when out in the hills?

Rucksac Found

Rucksac Found

Postby nephroin » Mon Dec 09, 2019 9:32 pm

Rucksac with contents found in Galloway Forest Park today. Yeh yeh yeh, I know it's not exactly Highlands but a friend suggested this site so....

I suspect the owner (female) was at Tunskeen Bothy on a lunch stop with four other folk. Rucksac found on forest track. No id on contents whatsoever. Have notified Police Scotland of the find. IF anyone by chance reads this and thinks the rucksac is belongs to them, please let me know via this site. There was perishable food in bag which I have disposed of. Mmmmm yummy. Thank you !!

Mike.
Ayrshire.
nephroin
Hill Bagger

Re: Rucksac Found

Postby nephroin » Thu Feb 13, 2020 4:22 pm

An update on the above...

I collected said rucksac and contents from Police Station this morning. The 2 months time limit for owner to claim it has just expired. It puzzles me why folk don't enquire with the police to ask if anything has been handed in. Ho-hum. I've now got a load of almost new gear ! :wink:
nephroin
Hill Bagger

Re: Rucksac Found

Postby crfishwick » Fri Feb 14, 2020 5:14 am

nephroin wrote:An update on the above...

I collected said rucksac and contents from Police Station this morning. The 2 months time limit for owner to claim it has just expired. It puzzles me why folk don't enquire with the police to ask if anything has been handed in. Ho-hum. I've now got a load of almost new gear ! :wink:

Don't know the situation in Scotland with regards to lost property although in England it a pain in the proverbial. You have to use the Internet for making enquiries about lost property not just phone or go to a police station even if you find one open :lol: :lol:
crfishwick

Can you help support Walkhighlands?

Our forum is free from adverts - your generosity keeps it running.
Can you help support Walkhighlands and this community by donating by direct debit?

Return to Lost and Found