walkhighlands

This forum is for general discussion about walking and scrambling... If writing a report or sharing your experiences from a route, please use the other boards.

Beinn a Chrulaiste from Blackwater Dam

Beinn a Chrulaiste from Blackwater Dam

Postby Ben More » Tue Feb 18, 2020 3:18 pm

In May, my plan is to camp at the southern end of Blackwater Dam and climb Beinn a Chrulaiste ...... then walk East keeping high until dropping down to Rannoch Station.

Has anyone approached Beinn a Chrulaiste this way and got any comments on the route?
Ben More
Mountain Walker

Munros:149   

Re: Beinn a Chrulaiste from Blackwater Dam

Postby jmarkb » Tue Feb 18, 2020 3:53 pm

No, but I would not anticipate any difficulties (other than quite a lot of rough and pathless terrain).
jmarkb
Mountaineer

Munros:246   Corbetts:105
Fionas:91   Donalds:32
Sub 2000:46   

Postby DopeyLoser » Tue Feb 18, 2020 7:11 pm

I do recall walking N - S from the dam to Glencoe, one very dark and dreich November day. But I have not been up the hill. From the satellite images I see there's been yet more track building in the area, but in an E - W alignment so that would not help you.
DopeyLoser

Postby Plavuizen » Thu Feb 20, 2020 9:24 pm

Hi Ben,

Last year I planned to walk the following route: http://afstandmeten.nl/index.php?id=2363585. From km 9 to km 31 this looks roughly your route, except for leaving out the first summit. Based on satellite image, this route looked doable and a bit path-ish. But when I was at the Blackwater dam last May, because of the extreme hot weather, I decided to not go south over the dam and further to Rannoch Station, but north east to Corrour, as that would give more reliable water supply and shorter to the station. Was a splendid day out, but did not learn the route south of Blackwater.
Plavuizen
Walker

Munros:4   
Sub 2000:1   
Islands:2

Postby Ben More » Fri Feb 21, 2020 12:08 pm

Thanks for the replies.

This had always looked a good route on paper. I'm expecting it to be pathless for long stretches; I was hoping someone had been this way at some time. I guess water supply will be a factor to consider.

I will be going that way in May: I guess I'll find out then. :wink:
Ben More
Mountain Walker

Munros:149   

Postby prog99 » Fri Feb 21, 2020 12:37 pm

Water supply there won’t be an issue!
prog99
Munro compleatist

Fionas:130   

Can you help support Walkhighlands?

Our forum is free from adverts - your generosity keeps it running.
Can you help support Walkhighlands and this community by donating by direct debit?

Return to General discussion