walkhighlands

Share your personal walking route experiences in Scotland, and comment on other peoples' reports.
Warning Please note that hillwalking when there is snow lying requires an ice-axe, crampons and the knowledge, experience and skill to use them correctly. Summer routes may not be viable or appropriate in winter. See winter information on our skills and safety pages for more information.

Foinavon - a 100 to 1 shot

Foinavon - a 100 to 1 shot

by Sunset tripper » Fri Jul 26, 2019 2:12 am

Route description: Foinaven circuit

Corbetts included on this walk: Foinaven

Date walked: 10/06/2019

Time taken: 9.5 hours

Distance: 24 km

Click to mark this as a great report. Register or Login
free to be able to rate and comment on reports (as well as access 1:25000 mapping).

Re: Foinavon - a 100 to 1 shot

Postby Sunset tripper » Fri Aug 02, 2019 10:45 am

weaselmaster wrote:Foinaven is just the best hill :D Definitely deserves a traverse.
I like your descent route coming off east back to the track - so much easier than the horrendous one we chose the first time, coming off the northern shoulder of Ceann Garbh and walking over/round a million boggy pools.

The route we took off is the WH ascent route. It's a long steep rough walk down to the track but probably the easiest option.
Cheers. :D

Coop wrote:Great report.
1st pics I saw of Foinaven and I said " I'm doing that one day"
This report and route has refuelled that.
Just need 2 things for next year.

Someone with another car
A clear dry day
Maybe thats 3 things.
Anyway brilliant, well in and cheers

Cheers Coop. Some hills you need a few rules. For this one I would say good conditions was the most important. It would have been a shame to do it in the rain and clag.
All the best when you get round to it. :D
Sunset tripper

Postby Grisu » Sat Feb 22, 2020 6:32 pm

WOW very impressive scenery and a great walk :clap: ! It already attracted me during my walk up Conival and Ben More Assynt- I'll definitely put that on my list :D
What camera do you use?
Grisu
Walker

Munros:100   Corbetts:3
Fionas:2   
Hewitts:33
Wainwrights:27   

Postby Sunset tripper » Tue Feb 25, 2020 12:58 am

Grisu wrote:WOW very impressive scenery and a great walk :clap: ! It already attracted me during my walk up Conival and Ben More Assynt- I'll definitely put that on my list :D
What camera do you use?

Hi Grisu. The first picture I cant remember. The rest were taken on smartphone cameras - Samsung S9 & S10 I think. Taken by myself and my pal and resized down to fit the WH report.
Cheers :D
Sunset tripper

21 people think this report is great.
Register or Login
free to be able to rate and comment on reports (as well as access 1:25000 mapping).

Previous

Can you help support Walkhighlands?

Our forum is free from adverts - your generosity keeps it running.
Can you help support Walkhighlands and this community by donating by direct debit?

Return to Walk reports - Scotland