walkhighlands

Share your personal walking route experiences in Scotland, and comment on other peoples' reports.
Warning Please note that hillwalking when there is snow lying requires an ice-axe, crampons and the knowledge, experience and skill to use them correctly. Summer routes may not be viable or appropriate in winter. See winter information on our skills and safety pages for more information.

Covid Compliant Trek to the Himalayas

Covid Compliant Trek to the Himalayas

Postby Sgurr » Sun Apr 12, 2020 4:56 pm

Date walked: 12/04/2020

Register or Login
free to be able to rate and comment on reports (as well as access 1:25000 mapping).

Today I went out to do my Covid compliant walk, and had worked out that walking to the end of the Old Course is 10,000 fitbit steps,so that seemed as good a destination as any. On this Easter Sunday the streets are deserted

These flower beds are usually planted by now, but the Council is so short of staff that the grass is going unmowed, and who knows if we will get flowers this year. Daughter is in another Council area where they have all been given a second job which they might be called upon to perform. I hoped hers wasn't bin lorry driving, but she has no HGV license. The pool attendants have been re-purposed as carers. Nobody has been repurposed as Council gardeners anywhere in Scotland...there are no tourists to admire them anyway

The HUGE Old Course hotel standing empty, as is the Jigger Inn

I met the famous "Ice". He is so well trained he will do almost anything his owners want, including pretending to play golf. I co-opted him to be a model for a Weather Watcher picture, since I notice that most of the people who get on the forecast more than me have DOGS....yes, you Barbarella and Bird Man of Dalfern

I walked along to the Eden Estuary

Chap wasn't so interested in posing. He is a pro and will only do it for payment (so his agent tells me)

Molly will only pose for about two seconds and then rushes over to her owner

But I see that none of them have been chosen, I thought I had cracked it...but maybe the secret is TWO dogs, they got picked by The Editor last month

Then I strolled over to the Himalayas...no NOT these Himalalyas

or even these ones

These ones

We should have been in The Lake District this week

But will just have to make do with these rolling hills

And our memories.
Sgurr
Munro compleatist

Munros:282   Corbetts:222
Fionas:219   Donalds:89+52
Sub 2000:569   Hewitts:172
Wainwrights:214   Islands:58

Register or Login
free to be able to rate and comment on reports (as well as access 1:25000 mapping).

Can you help support Walkhighlands?

Our forum is free from adverts - your generosity keeps it running.
Can you help support Walkhighlands and this community by donating by direct debit?

Return to Walk reports - Scotland