walkhighlands

To make the forum a bit more social... for new members (and old ones!) to introduce themselves to the site. You are welcome!

Hi

Hi

Postby Malands » Wed May 06, 2020 10:32 pm

Hello, I'm pleased to join your community after a while of enjoying and appreciating the board posts.
I'm a sassenach I'm afraid but love much about Scotland. My wife and I honeymooned in Callander and spent many a day through the Trossachs.
I completed the Loch Mullardoch round (in a fashion) about 4 years ago and thoroughly enjoyed the wilderness of this area of Scotland.
I was due to start my Pennine way walk this week pre Covid but hopefully before the end of the year. Next year it's either the West highland way or the Cape wrath trail.
I look forward to saying hello and contributing wherever as time goes by.
Malands
Scrambler

Re: Hi

Postby HalfManHalfTitanium » Thu May 07, 2020 4:26 pm

Hi! This site is a brilliant source of information and advice

Best of luck with next year's trail

tim
HalfManHalfTitanium
Mountain Walker

Munros:119   Corbetts:28
Fionas:6   Donalds:6
Hewitts:152
Wainwrights:103   

Postby Arthurs Eat » Thu May 07, 2020 6:37 pm

Hi there,

Sounds like you had a good Mullardoch round. I'm planning a crack at the Pennine Way next spring. Good luck with your later this year.
Arthurs Eat
Munro compleatist

Munros:234   Corbetts:29
Fionas:14   Donalds:31
Sub 2000:23   Hewitts:35
Wainwrights:32   Islands:16

Postby Malands » Thu May 07, 2020 6:51 pm

Hi Tim,
Thanks for the kind words and yes I"ll be looking to pick a few brains over the coming months.
Cheers, john
Malands
Scrambler

Postby Malands » Thu May 07, 2020 6:59 pm

Hi Arthur's eat,
Thanks for the kind words.
Yes the Mullardoch round was epic. Did it in September thinking the midges were more on the west coast! I had it in my mind that I was more easterly until a local chap said it was classed as west Scotland. Eaten alive at iron lodge but all good lol. Stayed at the altbeith hostel as ended up navigating a low level route back to Cannich via Glen Affric. Superb walk and country.
Good luck with your Pennine way walk next year. I'll be sure to post my recollections if I get to do it this year. I've got a sneaking suspicion lockdown might be eased sufficiently by July to consider going then. Here's hoping.
John
Malands
Scrambler

Can you help support Walkhighlands?

Our forum is free from adverts - your generosity keeps it running.
Can you help support Walkhighlands and this community by donating by direct debit?

Return to Say hello...