walkhighlands

To make the forum a bit more social... for new members (and old ones!) to introduce themselves to the site. You are welcome!

Hello from Helensburgh

Hello from Helensburgh

Postby sibbs70 » Thu May 14, 2020 5:03 pm

Hi folks, name is Andy.

Thought I would post and introduce myself. Was never really a walker until the lockdown kicked in, which in itself is quite bad consideringing I'm a Scout Leader :crazy:

Anyway, what started as a bit of a laugh for the scouts, creating street pictures out of my daily morning walks round Helensburgh with the dog, turned into the challenge of walking every street. 6 weeks later and 178 miles that was completed. The surrounding hills then beckoned and I havent stopped since. You could say I have caught the walking virus due to Covid-19.
sibbs70
Mountain Walker

Munros:12   Corbetts:1
Fionas:5   
Sub 2000:5   

Re: Hello from Helensburgh

Postby Sgurr » Sun May 24, 2020 11:51 am

Better than the other way round like my husband. We wanted to extend our range, got out the bikes, he hit a bollard and ended with broken hip and arm and hospital. Moved into local hospital where he was joined by "coughing man". You can guess the rest. Luckily home now and hobbling but has thrown away walking frame and now sticks. We live very near our local scout hut and it is sad to hear absolutely nothing during the last few weeks. I imagine your next thing as scout leader will be distanced walks outside. Good luck.
Sgurr
Munro compleatist

Munros:282   Corbetts:222
Fionas:219   Donalds:89+52
Sub 2000:569   Hewitts:172
Wainwrights:214   Islands:58

Can you help support Walkhighlands?

Our forum is free from adverts - your generosity keeps it running.
Can you help support Walkhighlands and this community by donating by direct debit?

Return to Say hello...