walkhighlands

Add reviews of outdoor gear and equipment here... or simply chat about gear and ask for recommendations

Alpkit Pipedream 400 Sleeping Bag

Alpkit Pipedream 400 Sleeping Bag

Postby 3peaker » Sat May 23, 2020 10:18 am

I have just purchased a second hand Alpkit Pipedream 400 sleeping bag, Does anyone have any experience with this particular season sleeping bag? Also the sleeping bag came with black stuff sack and a small black nylon bag & pull cord, does anyone know the purpose of the small black nylon bag??
3peaker
Munro compleatist

Re: Alpkit Pipedream 400 Sleeping Bag

Postby prog99 » Sat May 23, 2020 11:29 am

Hi, I have the same bag. It'll fit in the small nylon bag for transporting around but don't store it in it.
It doesn't look like it'll fit but it will.
prog99
Munro compleatist

Fionas:130   

Postby Giant Stoneater » Sat May 23, 2020 12:14 pm

Large bag is for storing though,should be made out of mesh so it gets aired.
Giant Stoneater
Scrambler

Postby 3peaker » Tue May 26, 2020 5:45 pm

Thanks for your replies, yes the sleeping bag does fit into the small black bag it is a tight squeeze.
3peaker
Munro compleatist

Postby WalkWithWallace » Thu Jun 04, 2020 9:47 am

You've got yourself a good 3 season bag there. I wonder if it's hydrophobic or one of the older PD400s.
WalkWithWallace
Munro compleatist

Munros:119   Corbetts:192
Fionas:57   Donalds:36+0
Hewitts:41
Wainwrights:29   Islands:25
Walk wish-list

Postby 3peaker » Sat Jun 06, 2020 4:13 pm

Thanks WwithW - `You've got yourself a good 3 season bag there. I wonder if it's hydrophobic or one of the older PD400s`
I don`t know how can you tell??
No mention on the label, it`s was purchased from an older chap so probably one of the older sleeping bag.
Keen to give it a try out when Covid rules permit.
3peaker
Munro compleatist

Postby rgf101 » Sun Jun 07, 2020 2:42 pm

That's what I've got - very fond of it. I seem to remember mine came (in 2012) with three bags - a loose cloth bag for storage, a compression bag with straps which is bulkier but easier to get it into, and a tiny bag for the full 'toothpaste back in the tube' experience. I refused to believe the last was actually usable, but once you get the hang of it I find it the best option.

From the description, I think you're maybe missing the loose cloth bag for storage - it's off-white, rather than black.
rgf101

Postby 3peaker » Tue Jun 09, 2020 10:46 am

Thanks rgf101 - thanks for your confirmation, yes I did received the large storage bag as well. I am looking forward to giving the sleeping bag a test run outdoors at some point.
3peaker
Munro compleatist

Postby Lewton » Sat Jun 13, 2020 10:42 pm

Hi
I have this as well. It's a pretty good bag. To save space (some will possibly frown on this), I don't use the bag. Instead, for multi-day hikes, I now pack it in an eVent compression bag. It has straps, so I can pack it really small. It's then 'released' each evening and lofts up very well. It was an experiment in 'over'- compressing at first, but seems fine so far. Anyway, just a thought. Have fun! :) . . when you can.
Lewton
Backpacker

Can you help support Walkhighlands?

Our forum is free from adverts - your generosity keeps it running.
Can you help support Walkhighlands and this community by donating by direct debit?

Return to Gear and Equipment talk