walkhighlands

Share your personal walking route experiences in Scotland, and comment on other peoples' reports.
Warning Please note that hillwalking when there is snow lying requires an ice-axe, crampons and the knowledge, experience and skill to use them correctly. Summer routes may not be viable or appropriate in winter. See winter information on our skills and safety pages for more information.

3rd Munro

3rd Munro

Postby adamski » Thu Aug 26, 2010 8:43 pm

Munros included on this walk: Beinn Ìme

Date walked: 26/08/2010

Register or Login
free to be able to rate and comment on reports (as well as access 1:25000 mapping).

Dear Friends

Today I climbed Beinn Ime 1011m. The day was absolutely wonderful, sunshine everywhere! For a moment it was even a complete clear, blue sky in Inveraray. I arrived at the bottom of The Rest And Be Thankful ( Butterbridge ) so excited. I started walk around 9.30 am. A very wet, soft ground , bogged in places , dew on the way up along Allt Beinn Ime to the Glas Bhealach . You could see mountains for miles today. The Isle of Jura was also visible.So I reached the summit around 11.48 am. Amazing. Had a good scottish porridge met Robert from Ayrshire and his dog Barney and we both descent to Bealach a' Mhaim. This path is the best for all hillwalkers giving " easy " access to the best climbs of Arochar's Alps. Next time I try Ben Vane.
Attachments
My Kind Of Town Inveraray.jpg
Last edited by adamski on Sat Sep 25, 2010 8:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
adamski
Hill Bagger

Munros:10   

Re: 3rd Munro

Postby Barnety2000 » Thu Aug 26, 2010 9:01 pm

Nice pictures and fantastic weather! I would much rather be up there than stuck in the office when its grey and drizzly outside :(
Barnety2000
Stravaiging

Munros:128   
Sub 2000:1   Hewitts:4

Re: 3rd Munro

Postby skuk007 » Thu Aug 26, 2010 9:10 pm

Nice to see bits of Scotland getting the good weather for a change - it has been raining, not hard, all day here in the South-West. :(
And now I hear we gotta play Man U again, twice! :(
skuk007
Mountain Walker

Munros:44   
Hewitts:8
Wainwrights:16   

Register or Login
free to be able to rate and comment on reports (as well as access 1:25000 mapping).

Can you help support Walkhighlands?

Our forum is free from adverts - your generosity keeps it running.
Can you help support Walkhighlands and this community by donating by direct debit?

Return to Walk reports - Scotland