walkhighlands

This forum is for general discussion about walking and scrambling... If writing a report or sharing your experiences from a route, please use the other boards.

Glen Brittle - Parking

Glen Brittle - Parking

Postby Shuginho » Mon Jul 20, 2020 11:18 am

Anyone know what the parking situation has been like up Glen Brittle recently?

Hoping to do Sgurr a Mhadaidh and Sgurr a Ghreadaidh next week, either arriving 5 or 6am on the day or late the night before.

Strikes me as the sort of area that will be mobbed but timing may be alright for me considering the above.
Shuginho
Mountain Walker

Munros:150   Corbetts:4
Fionas:12   Donalds:5
Sub 2000:11   
Islands:24

Re: Glen Brittle - Parking

Postby jmarkb » Mon Jul 20, 2020 11:54 am

Shuginho wrote:Anyone know what the parking situation has been like up Glen Brittle recently?

Hoping to do Sgurr a Mhadaidh and Sgurr a Ghreadaidh next week, either arriving 5 or 6am on the day or late the night before.

Strikes me as the sort of area that will be mobbed but timing may be alright for me considering the above.

There's quite a few spaces at the Youth Hostel, which I think will still be shut next week, so I doubt you will have troubling parking there.
jmarkb
Mountaineer

Munros:246   Corbetts:105
Fionas:91   Donalds:32
Sub 2000:46   

Postby Shuginho » Mon Jul 20, 2020 12:15 pm

Ideal. Cheers mate 8)
Shuginho
Mountain Walker

Postby Skyelines » Tue Jul 21, 2020 7:08 pm

Took a walk on the beach at Glen Brittle today (21st July) arrived at 4pm and the carpark was almost full, a bit of space left for a couple of cars.

Left at 6pm and there were still a lot of cars but a few more spaces.

The same for the hostel carpark.

Skye getting busy.
Skyelines
Wanderer

Postby Shuginho » Wed Jul 22, 2020 10:18 pm

Skyelines wrote:Took a walk on the beach at Glen Brittle today (21st July) arrived at 4pm and the carpark was almost full, a bit of space left for a couple of cars.

Left at 6pm and there were still a lot of cars but a few more spaces.

The same for the hostel carpark.

Skye getting busy.

cheers!

Sounds like I'll be fine for either arriving late evening or early morning :D

Read a few things on FB about the state of Glen Brittle at the moment with litter/fire/camping mess. Is it that bad?
Shuginho
Mountain Walker

Postby Caberfeidh » Thu Jul 23, 2020 8:35 am

I was in Glen Brittle in the afternoon of Sunday 19th July, the Fairy Pools seemed busy witha lot of folk milling around yhe car park and heading down the path to the burn, but on at the car park by the beach there were a few spaces; I saw no litter or fires. The weather was crap; wind and rain. I reckon if you are very early or very late you'll have no problems parking.

DSCF0678#r.jpg
The Misty Hills of Glen Brittle ~ the mighty soaring peaks of Sgurr Alasdair, Sgurr Dearg and the Innaccessible Pinnacle
Caberfeidh
Stravaiging

Postby Shuginho » Fri Jul 24, 2020 12:02 pm

Caberfeidh wrote:I was in Glen Brittle in the afternoon of Sunday 19th July, the Fairy Pools seemed busy witha lot of folk milling around yhe car park and heading down the path to the burn, but on at the car park by the beach there were a few spaces; I saw no litter or fires. The weather was crap; wind and rain. I reckon if you are very early or very late you'll have no problems parking.

DSCF0678#r.jpg

cheers Caberfeidh.

Post I seen on FB re litter and fire etc had no attached photos. Potentially just a small bit/area and assumed it was like this everywhere.

Just need to hope the weather plays ball for next week :D
Shuginho
Mountain Walker

Postby Caberfeidh » Sun Jul 26, 2020 8:51 am

Shuginho wrote:Just need to hope the weather plays ball for next week

Yeah good luck with that... :shock:
Caberfeidh
Stravaiging

Can you help support Walkhighlands?

Our forum is free from adverts - your generosity keeps it running.
Can you help support Walkhighlands and this community by donating by direct debit?

Return to General discussion