walkhighlands

Share your personal walking route experiences in Scotland, and comment on other peoples' reports.
Warning Please note that hillwalking when there is snow lying requires an ice-axe, crampons and the knowledge, experience and skill to use them correctly. Summer routes may not be viable or appropriate in winter. See winter information on our skills and safety pages for more information.

Left walking poles in boot of car!

Left walking poles in boot of car!

Postby JenTedford » Mon Aug 10, 2020 8:41 am

Route description: Five Sisters of Kintail

Munros included on this walk: Sgùrr Fhuaran, Sgùrr na Càrnach, Sgùrr na Ciste Duibhe

Date walked: 09/08/2020

Time taken: 10 hours

Distance: 13 km

Ascent: 952m

Register or Login
free to be able to rate and comment on reports (as well as access 1:25000 mapping).

Reaching out to Gordon Marcus with the silver merc coupe, you kindly gave me and my partner a lift to our car after we came off the five sisters of Kintail. I left my walking poles in the boot of your car! That was the first time I had used them! Please get in touch to David Duncan on Facebook or messenger. :roll:
JenTedford

Munros:51   

Re: Left walking poles in boot of car!

Postby R1ggered » Tue Aug 11, 2020 2:18 pm

Is that it.
R1ggered
Mountain Walker

Munros:175   

Postby Sgurr » Tue Aug 11, 2020 5:16 pm

R1ggered wrote:Is that it.

What else could it be? I expect her walking poles write her TRs for her, and now she's up a creek without something or other. They probably take her photos too. Have you tried putting it in Lost and Found Jen? Silver Merc coupes can't be all that common. There is a facebook page for Merc owners, you might try that.
Sgurr
Munro compleatist

Munros:282   Corbetts:222
Fionas:219   Donalds:89+52
Sub 2000:569   Hewitts:172
Wainwrights:214   Islands:58

Postby JenTedford » Tue Aug 11, 2020 6:56 pm

Wow. Such venom. You two certainly don’t represent the warm friendly walking community I am familiar with and thanks for pointing me to the lost and found section, I don’t use any kind of social media normally, I prefer to live in the real world where I am accountable for my words in person. So I wasn’t aware of the lost and found section. Thanks.
JenTedford

Munros:51   

Postby Sgurr » Tue Aug 11, 2020 7:17 pm

I am sorry, I didn't mean it to be venomous. I am a member of facebook, and if you would like to draft an appeal, I could see if they will let me in to their private group without actually owning a merc....it would be a long shot, but might be worth it. You must be gutted at losing new ones. We have just had our deck chair vanish, as I stupidly left it in the room where my husband had to stay after breaking his hip, and they removed all the things we didn't want like the zimmer, the bed stick and the commode, but as the deck chair was also made of metal, took that too.
Sgurr
Munro compleatist

Munros:282   Corbetts:222
Fionas:219   Donalds:89+52
Sub 2000:569   Hewitts:172
Wainwrights:214   Islands:58

Register or Login
free to be able to rate and comment on reports (as well as access 1:25000 mapping).

Can you help support Walkhighlands?

Our forum is free from adverts - your generosity keeps it running.
Can you help support Walkhighlands and this community by donating by direct debit?

Return to Walk reports - Scotland