walkhighlands

Add reviews of outdoor gear and equipment here... or simply chat about gear and ask for recommendations

F10 MTN 2 footprint

F10 MTN 2 footprint

Postby Choccy » Wed Sep 16, 2020 4:12 pm

Does anyone know if these are available anywhere, or a good alternative to use. Currently using a lightweight footprint that is 215x140.

Lots of thanks if you can help....

Leigh...
Choccy
Mountain Walker

Munros:6   

Re: F10 MTN 2 footprint

Postby Manwaeadug » Wed Sep 16, 2020 8:23 pm

Have you tried contacting Vango customer service?

I was thinking about one for the F10 Makalu 2 and contacted them direct. They got back to me next day to let me know they didn't do them that size/shape and directed me to an ebay site 'vango camping recycled' to see if anything suitable came up there.

I've contacted them a few times with questions about their gear and they've always been helpful and quick to reply.
Manwaeadug
Walker

Munros:1   Corbetts:3
Fionas:3   Donalds:6
Sub 2000:1   Hewitts:3
Wainwrights:4   
Walk wish-list

Postby Choccy » Sat Sep 19, 2020 9:12 pm

Manwaeadug wrote:Have you tried contacting Vango customer service?

I was thinking about one for the F10 Makalu 2 and contacted them direct. They got back to me next day to let me know they didn't do them that size/shape and directed me to an ebay site 'vango camping recycled' to see if anything suitable came up there.

I've contacted them a few times with questions about their gear and they've always been helpful and quick to reply.

I contacted them when I got the tent, and they said there isn't a footprint for that tent. Then I showed them the advert from their website that said an optional footprint is available, I didn't get a reply after that.

It would just be a lot easier putting the tent up with a footprint as I can get the poles in, put the outer on and then clip the inner onto the frame. I'll see what it's like putting it up in bad weather in November. It seems from your experience that their after sales is quite poor, I dread to think what will happen if I have a problem with my tent. Maybe I should have got the Alpkit or Quasar....

Thanks for the reply Manwaeadug

Leigh.
Choccy
Mountain Walker

Munros:6   

Postby Khal » Sun Sep 20, 2020 4:59 pm

Not sure about the f10 mtn2.
Manwaeadog did you manage to find a footprint for the makalu 2. I think if you look at the specs the vango mirage pro 200 has a similar dimension as the makalu, so it’s footprint might fit your tent.
Khal
Scrambler

Postby Manwaeadug » Sun Sep 20, 2020 7:18 pm

I contacted them when I got the tent, and they said there isn't a footprint for that tent. Then I showed them the advert from their website that said an optional footprint is available, I didn't get a reply after that.

It would just be a lot easier putting the tent up with a footprint as I can get the poles in, put the outer on and then clip the inner onto the frame. I'll see what it's like putting it up in bad weather in November. It seems from your experience that their after sales is quite poor, I dread to think what will happen if I have a problem with my tent. Maybe I should have got the Alpkit or Quasar....

Thanks for the reply Manwaeadug

Leigh.[/quote]

Not a problem. :thumbup:
I thought their after sales was very good though.

Khal wrote:Not sure about the f10 mtn2.
Manwaeadog did you manage to find a footprint for the makalu 2. I think if you look at the specs the vango mirage pro 200 has a similar dimension as the makalu, so it’s footprint might fit your tent.

I never looked at that. I'm honestly not sure if I want one mind you; I was just weighing up the pros and cons and possibility of getting one at the time. :)
Manwaeadug
Walker

Munros:1   Corbetts:3
Fionas:3   Donalds:6
Sub 2000:1   Hewitts:3
Wainwrights:4   
Walk wish-list

Can you help support Walkhighlands?

Our forum is free from adverts - your generosity keeps it running.
Can you help support Walkhighlands and this community by donating by direct debit?

Return to Gear and Equipment talk