walkhighlands

Share your personal walking route experiences in Scotland, and comment on other peoples' reports.
Warning Please note that hillwalking when there is snow lying requires an ice-axe, crampons and the knowledge, experience and skill to use them correctly. Summer routes may not be viable or appropriate in winter. See winter information on our skills and safety pages for more information.

Ben Cruachan Ridge

Ben Cruachan Ridge

Postby Redkite » Sat Oct 03, 2020 1:41 am

Route description: Ben Cruachan and Stob Daimh

Munros included on this walk: Ben Cruachan, Stob Daimh

Date walked: 02/10/2020

Time taken: 5 hours

Distance: 18 km

Register or Login
free to be able to rate and comment on reports (as well as access 1:25000 mapping).

This is a great site . Never had this when I started doing the Munro’s. So left West end of Glasgow 7am parked up at Loch Awe station 8.30 am , followed a fellow Walker up through the birch wood forest to the dam . He was only wearing trousers the sun was out so “taps aff “ Passed him on the climb up to Ben Cruachan a grunted hello between us , the weather was glorious . As usual the initial climb is always the hardest. Was on the summit of Ben Cruachan in 2 hours 15 minutes. Followed the ridge path all the way to the other Munro lol . Perfect weather so no problems . Walked off the hills following the walkhighland route . I’ve done this route before in bad weather and got lost between the two Munro’s, was very luck to get back to Loch Awe rather than Glen Etive . A fell runner past me on the way down to the dam , I took 5 hours all in , he probably did it in 2.
Attachments
045735AE-2A85-4FF3-A587-9609D4650A07.jpeg
7EE34613-B4C3-4169-A2AE-FA4BAD37F2C1.jpeg
Redkite

Register or Login
free to be able to rate and comment on reports (as well as access 1:25000 mapping).

Walkhighlands community forum is advert free

Your generosity keeps this site running.
Can you help support Walkhighlands and the online community by donating by direct debit?

Return to Walk reports - Scotland