walkhighlands

Share your personal walking route experiences in Scotland, and comment on other peoples' reports.
Warning Please note that hillwalking when there is snow lying requires an ice-axe, crampons and the knowledge, experience and skill to use them correctly. Summer routes may not be viable or appropriate in winter. See winter information on our skills and safety pages for more information.

Cramalt Craig via Dun (not Donald) Law

Cramalt Craig via Dun (not Donald) Law

Postby Justdrums » Fri Jul 30, 2021 9:19 pm

Donalds included on this walk: Cramalt Craig

Date walked: 28/06/2021

Time taken: 4.5 hours

Distance: 10.5 km

Ascent: 657m

1 person thinks this report is great.
Register or Login
free to be able to rate and comment on reports (as well as access 1:25000 mapping).

Headed back to Megget reservoir and the Cramalt Burn track that T and I previously went up to get to Dollar Law in the mist and rain back in Nov'20 but this time it was clear and just me on my lonesome. Decided against revisiting Dollar Law and instead headed for Cramalt Craig.

our_route.gpx Open full screen  NB: Walkhighlands is not responsible for the accuracy of gpx files in users posts

No-1.jpg
On the way up

Even saw a golden eagle sat by the side of the track on the way up. Thought it was a strange looking broken, burnt cut-off telegraph pole until I got too close and it decided to fly off. Tried desperately to get my phone out my rucksack to take a picture but failed miserably.
eagle.jpg
Somewhere in this is an eagle

At the the top of the track headed south west towards Dun Law. Very easy walking
CulterFell.jpg
Looking west from the top of Dun Law Culter Fell with Tinto peeking from behind.

Cramalt.jpg
Cramalt Criag from Dun Law

From Dun Law it's very straightforward to get to Cramalt Craig.
Tinto.jpg
Tinto and Culter Fell from the top of Cramalt Craig

Broad-Law.jpg
Broad Law from the top of Cramalt Criag

Rather than go back down the track, decided to try going down via Little Craig and White Head then pass the grouse buttes on the ATV track and then over Cramalt Burn.
LittleCraig.jpg
On the way down via Little Craig, looking back towards the track by the Cramalt Burn that I came up by

ATV.jpg
Looking back up the ATV track I came down
Justdrums
Walker

Munros:67   Corbetts:15
Fionas:17   Donalds:50+17
Sub 2000:23   
Islands:18

1 person thinks this report is great.
Register or Login
free to be able to rate and comment on reports (as well as access 1:25000 mapping).

Can you help support Walkhighlands?

Our forum is free from adverts - your generosity keeps it running.
Can you help support Walkhighlands and this community by donating by direct debit?

Return to Walk reports - Scotland