walkhighlands

This board helps you to share your walking route experiences in England and Wales... or overseas.
Warning Please note that hillwalking when there is snow lying requires an ice-axe, crampons and the knowledge, experience and skill to use them correctly. Summer routes may not be viable or appropriate in winter. See winter information on our skills and safety pages for more information.

Hallin Fell

Hallin Fell

Postby Phooooey » Thu Sep 23, 2010 9:47 pm

Wainwrights included on this walk: Hallin Fell

Date walked: 21/09/2010

Time taken: 1

Distance: 2 km

Ascent: 150m

Register or Login
free to be able to rate and comment on reports (as well as access 1:25000 mapping).

Hallin Fell

our_route.gpx Open full screen  NB: Walkhighlands is not responsible for the accuracy of gpx files in users posts

Last day of our camping holiday at Cove Park and before we headed home we made the trip around the eastern side of Ullswater to Howtown and climbed Hallin Fell from the church car park. No need for summary of walk as it was 1km up and 1km down but a whole raft of beautiful scenery and views packed in to the 40 minutes it took.
We'll tackle the Far Eastern Fells in better weather next time we head that way !!
CIMG3934.JPG
Car Park at Hallin Fell
CIMG3935.JPG
Ellie and Bannerdale
CIMG3936.JPG
Damson and Boredale
CIMG3940.JPG
Ellie at Hallin Fell summit
CIMG3943.JPG
Damson over Ullswater
CIMG3946.JPG
Me on Hallin Fell
CIMG3944.JPG
Sun in my eyes ... in the lakes .. are you sure ??
:lol:
Last edited by Phooooey on Mon Feb 04, 2013 9:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Phooooey

Hewitts:111
Wainwrights:214   

Re: Hallin Fell

Postby mountain coward » Thu Sep 23, 2010 10:33 pm

Another lovely peak! I love the views from that one. I notice you did it from the top of the zig-zags to the Martindale Pass - my Mum drove us up that way but I declined to be driven back down and walked back instead after we'd done the fell... she thought it was her driving but it wasn't - just I'm not keen on those kind of roads and I think it's worse if you're not doing the driving! :o
mountain coward

Postby Phooooey » Fri Sep 24, 2010 2:59 pm

3 days after passing my driving test, a mate directed me over Wrynose and Hardknot passes and after driving through Italy & Switzerland, these roads are fairly tame. Time was the issue on Tuesday, so a quick hop up and down was ideal.
Phooooey

Postby mountain coward » Sat Sep 25, 2010 12:22 am

Some mate! Wrynose is okay but Hard Knott?! :o My Mum used to do lots of things like that to me in Wales when I was learning - she used to take me on roads full of steep hills on gravel, barely wide enough for our camping van (a nice, big, numb Commer!). She even took me up a one in four single track with no handbrake once - I was a bit panicky when we met someone coming down! (When I say she used to 'take me on' roads, I meant with me driving!)
mountain coward

Postby Phooooey » Sun Sep 26, 2010 11:27 pm

The road upto St Johns church from Dale Bottom campsite a couple of weeks go was bad enough. Quite short but rocky and steep. Thought it had taken out one of the tyres at one point.
Phooooey

Register or Login
free to be able to rate and comment on reports (as well as access 1:25000 mapping).

Can you help support Walkhighlands?

Our forum is free from adverts - your generosity keeps it running.
Can you help support Walkhighlands and this community by donating by direct debit?

Return to Walk reports - Outside Scotland