walkhighlands

Share your personal walking route experiences in Scotland, and comment on other peoples' reports.
Warning Please note that hillwalking when there is snow lying requires an ice-axe, crampons and the knowledge, experience and skill to use them correctly. Summer routes may not be viable or appropriate in winter. See winter information on our skills and safety pages for more information.

Nice Wee Walk Up West and East Lomond

Nice Wee Walk Up West and East Lomond

Postby BigAl500 » Mon Mar 28, 2022 4:42 pm

Sub 2000' hills included on this walk: East Lomond, West Lomond

Date walked: 28/03/2022

Time taken: 3 hours

Distance: 11.5 km

Ascent: 361m

1 person thinks this report is great.
Register or Login
free to be able to rate and comment on reports (as well as access 1:25000 mapping).

It was a beautiful day and I had a few hours where I could go to a walk. I decided on West and East Lomond, that would only leave me a few sub 2000s on my doorstep to do but as it was only my second walk of the year and my walking pals were all working was a good choice so I wouldn’t get moaned at and would start to get a bit of fitness back.

Plenty of spaces in the car park when I arrived a bit after 10. Off I set towards West Lomond following the path, no chance of getting lost here. Several others had the same idea and greetings were exchanged several times. Got to the start of the ascent proper which wasn’t that difficult or long. Made it to the top in about 50 minutes which was shorter than it took me to drive to the car park from home. Obligatory summit selfie taken, post to Facebook, and back down again. Again several more greetings exchanged with other walkers and a wee chat with an elderly gentleman setting off on his walk.

Back in the car park looking ahead to East Lomond, let’s do this.

Carefully crossed the road and on to the path to start my second summit of the day. Again decent path all the way. More greetings exchanged and a wee chat with a couple coming down from the summit. They were asking how long it had taken me to get there as they’d seen me earlier heading off to West Lomond. I told them a little over 2 hours. They had climbed West Lomond the day before.

On to the real start of the ascent, again nice and easy and was at the summit about 2 and a quarter hours after setting off. Had a wee rest and lunch break then set off down again. Straightforward getting back on the path and all done and dusted in three hours, all in all a good day out.
BigAl500
Hill Bagger

Munros:27   Corbetts:5
Fionas:14   Donalds:6+2
Sub 2000:20   Hewitts:6
Wainwrights:10   Islands:4
Walk wish-list

Re: Nice Wee Walk Up West and East Lomond

Postby Jon and Jen » Mon Mar 28, 2022 5:02 pm

Nice wee walk. Normans Law is a nice wee climb too and not too far away.
Jon and Jen
Mountain Walker

Munros:37   Corbetts:7
Fionas:2   Donalds:1
Sub 2000:7   

Re: Nice Wee Walk Up West and East Lomond

Postby BigAl500 » Mon Mar 28, 2022 5:21 pm

Thanks. I plan to do that one as well as Mount Hill and Cairnie Hill at some point when it’s just me again.
BigAl500
Hill Bagger

Munros:27   Corbetts:5
Fionas:14   Donalds:6+2
Sub 2000:20   Hewitts:6
Wainwrights:10   Islands:4
Walk wish-list

1 person thinks this report is great.
Register or Login
free to be able to rate and comment on reports (as well as access 1:25000 mapping).

Can you help support Walkhighlands?

Our forum is free from adverts - your generosity keeps it running.
Can you help support Walkhighlands and this community by donating by direct debit?

Return to Walk reports - Scotland