walkhighlands

Share your personal walking route experiences in Scotland, and comment on other peoples' reports.
Warning Please note that hillwalking when there is snow lying requires an ice-axe, crampons and the knowledge, experience and skill to use them correctly. Summer routes may not be viable or appropriate in winter. See winter information on our skills and safety pages for more information.

2 Hikes, 1 Ride, 9 Peaks, (21-9), 17th to 21st September

2 Hikes, 1 Ride, 9 Peaks, (21-9), 17th to 21st September

Postby Mark Berry » Fri Oct 01, 2010 2:41 pm

Munros included on this walk: Aonach Beag (Nevis Range), Aonach Mòr, Ben Macdui, Ben Nevis, Braeriach, Cairn Gorm, Cairn Toul, Càrn Mòr Dearg, Sgòr an Lochain Uaine

Date walked: 21/09/2010

Time taken: 96 hours

Distance: 71 km

Register or Login
free to be able to rate and comment on reports (as well as access 1:25000 mapping).

This is my first post here because, sadly, I live on the South coast of England, but I've been using the OS mapping service regularly (in fact it was essential when planning this event), and information I've read here has been very handy, so thanks!!!

My brothers and I planned this walk (and bike ride) to celebrate and let people know about the UN World Peace Day on 21st September, and it was a huge success both as an adventure, and as a way to raise awareness.

I'm posting it as a link to my blog, but if that's not acceptable here please let me know, and I'll try to copy it over. I hope you enjoy it:

http://www.21-9.org/wordpress/?p=181
Mark Berry

Re: 2 Hikes, 1 Ride, 9 Peaks, (21-9), 17th to 21st September

Postby Stretch » Fri Oct 01, 2010 3:20 pm

I really enjoyed reading your blog Mark, what an adventure! Looks like you got a great mix of everything Scotland can throw at you all in five days time. Thanks for sharing your report!
Stretch
Munro compleatist

Munros:146   Corbetts:8
Sub 2000:2   

Postby Scotjamie » Fri Oct 01, 2010 3:41 pm

Agree with Stretch - very enjoyable read and a great challenge
well done you guys
Scotjamie
Wanderer

Munros:148   

Postby Mark Berry » Sun Oct 03, 2010 1:30 pm

Thanks! We did see Scotland at it's most varied I think, which is no bad thing. In fact I'd almost say we enjoyed it MORE because of the bad weather; it'd have been nice to see some more views, but it felt far more like an expedition the way it was!!!

Mark
Mark Berry

Register or Login
free to be able to rate and comment on reports (as well as access 1:25000 mapping).

Can you help support Walkhighlands?

Our forum is free from adverts - your generosity keeps it running.
Can you help support Walkhighlands and this community by donating by direct debit?

Return to Walk reports - Scotland